Quicken Locks Up When Selecting Any Account

Options
boldt
boldt Member ✭✭

I can open any file in Quicken, but as soon as I select any account it locks up [freezes] and I can't do anything. Noticed it for the first time last week. I have tried multiple files, multiple computes, and downgrading but nothing works.

Version R52.20 Build 27.1.52.20

Windows 10

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @boldt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

However, after you have uninstalled and before you proceed with reinstalling, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My first troubleshooting step would be to open Quicken, create a new file, create a test account, and see if you can duplicate the freeze. If not, then your existing data file is corrupt. If it still locks up, then your installation and/or settings are corrupt.

• boldt
    boldt Member ✭✭
    Options

@RalphC You are correct that the file (and the other I tried) is corrupt. Creating a new file worked fine. More troubleshooting indicated that it was only a handful of accounts that caused the issue so an account sync must have caused this issue. Validating and repairing did not work so I had to go to an old backup which, thankfully, seems to be working fine. Thanks for your suggested troubleshooting.

@Quicken Anja I did try this before posting but thanks for suggesting!

This discussion has been closed.