System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Wells Fargo Online Biller

Comments

• DopeeD
    DopeeD Member ✭✭
    Options

When I try to download transactions from Wells Fargo accounts I get a popup window asking for a code to be sent to my phone. If I don't mark the box and wait for the code, the transactions won't update. I don't have two step verification at Wells Fargo. Why is this happening? Does anyone have an answer for this?

• USA-Lenny
    USA-Lenny Member ✭✭
    Options

I have now experienced this same issue. I did call Wells Fargo and they verified I do not have the 2 step activated. I verified I have Express Connect as the Quicken method for downloading. wells Fargo says it is a Quicken issue. As of now, still doing the same error,,, which is really a pain!!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @DopeeD and @USA-Lenny,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Quicken cannot control the prompts for two factor authentication; that is controlled by the financial institution. Have you checked Wells Fargo's website to see if there are any settings you need to select, such as a "remember me" setting? Have you checked your web browser security settings? If the settings are too high, they can block the cookies that let the financial institution recognize you, which can sometimes lead to this issue.

Alternatively, Wells Fargo does support Direct Connect. When connected by Direct Connect, you generally do not get the two factor authentication prompts (due to the connection method). If you wish to switch to Direct Connect, then first, backup your Quicken file. Then, deactivate all of your Wells Fargo accounts. Once the accounts are deactivated, connect them by going to Tools>Add Account. Select Wells Fargo. It should give you an option how to connect.

Select Direct Connect and click the Next button. Follow the prompts. Note: Connecting by Direct Connect does require authorizing through Wells Fargo's website. If you haven't done that authorization, you will get an error message that looks like this:

Follow the directions it provides to authorize through Wells Fargo's website, and you should be able to connect via Direct Connect. When on the Add/Link screen, carefully link your accounts back up to the correct nicknames in Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• acardshort
    acardshort Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2023
    Options

I am running both the production version for Mac. [Removed - Beta]. The production Version always asks for 2fa verification to connect to the same Wells Fargo accounts. Its fairly annoying.

• mappel
    mappel Member
    Options

Have been syncing Wells Fargo for years. This started a few weeks ago, and it is not even every day. It is somewhat random.

• larryg
    larryg Member ✭✭
    Options

I have this problem as well. I have 2FA turned off on WF's site and this still happens.

• mbrown622
    mbrown622 Member ✭✭
    Options

It's annoying but I wouldn't mind it so much if Wells Fargo ACTUALLY SENT THE TEXT. So I get the popup multiple times and then Quicken eventually gives up and quits doing the popup.

• USA-Lenny
    USA-Lenny Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey Quicken,,,, "yes", this is a Quicken issue. Look at the complaints; the Wells Fargo downloading using Express Connect has worked fine for years. This is a new issue,,, and, it certainly seems related to the last Quicken "Upgrade". NO,, I don't want to use Direct Connect, what I want is for Quicken to fix this issue or just stop charging annual subscription costs. When Quicken was a purchased program/CD, it worked fine. When it went to subscription, the costs to us customers when UP while the easy use of Quicken suffered. Fix the problem without causing another problem, or lower the annual fee to ten bucks a year.

• JS408
    JS408 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I agree that I do not want Direct Connect and bank transactions being able to be done from Quicken. Wells Fargo confirms that I do NOT hav 2FA authentication on. I'm tired of the two companies pointing fingers at one another. I am also having Quicken problems with other institutions that also have always worked before so I strongly suspect that this is on the Quicken side.

Regardless of who's "fault" this is, Quicken, please take the lead to resolve why this 2FA requirement suddenly appeared. [Edited - Readability]

• thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken, please let us know when you have fixed this annoying problem. Thanks.

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have multiple accounts from several institutions that each now require 2FA. It takes a long time to perform an update. Quicken really should be able to work out an arrangement with the financial institutions to suppress this when the request is coming through an authenticated Quicken server……

• Brian Risser
    Options

I have been experiencing this issue as well & feel the pain. After spending time (20 mins.) with Quicken on phone today, they point to Wells Fargo to turn it off. So, I spend another 30 mins. on with Wells Fargo only to have them tell me that it is random. But, the important piece of info here is that it is not Qui9cken doing it, but Wells Fargo asking for the 2FA. Additionally, this issue has nothing to do with your 2FA setting inside your Wells Fargo online account. This is not acceptable to me. We all need to redirect our concerns to Wells Fargo & hopefully they will turn this off (or at least give us - the Users - the ability to do so).

• jtgolden11
    jtgolden11 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having this issue as well. I tried deactivating/reactivating and also Direct Connect setup fails as well. Quicken, any update on this?

• DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same problem. Instead of changing logos how about fixing this.

• KenA
    KenA Member ✭✭
    Options

Also having the same problem. I have tried all the various suggestions but nothing has resolved this issue. Quicken, please chime in and tell us what the issue is and what/who will resolve it.

• DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭
    Options

Still NOT fixed. Wells Fargo says it is a Quicken problem.

• Ken109
    Ken109 Member ✭✭
    Options

Mac version Version 7.3.2, just updated today, still having random 2FA issue with Wells Fargo, sometimes on desktop version, sometimes on mobile version, very frustrating

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same here. Direct Connection and it's totally random whether it'll ask you for the text code or not. The worst, is that if you let it sit too long on the "choose option to send code" that it won't work (you can pick Text until the cows come home and it will never send one), so you have to Cancel that and then try it separately or again after the OSU completes.

• jdschachte
    jdschachte Member ✭✭
    Options

@ USA-Lenny Sept 25 put it best.

Quicken, I have been a 100% committed user since 1990. this online service is getting worse, and the service is getting worse. Closing in unattainable. Meaning I am beginning to look to replace Quicken all together. It is one thing to work through bugs, it is another to not properly own the bugs.

I have been chasing this 2ndary code with wells fargo now for several weeks. If I don't sit here and wait for it, quicken locks up and I end up rebooting. 1 step update should be one step.

Furthermore, you service with WF is poor at best. I usually end up doing a manual download of transaction for my 2 accounts, because quicken doesn't always connect.

When can we expect a quicken fix?

• thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Check out this message received from Quicken…

https://view.mail.quicken.com/?qs=38ad80020c2bdcad7f3b363a43de239fee43d0217a2cba3021ba5e3b402aa4c549218f0bb4ac99ab6cfda00b35a4d37c690ca36d476d748e281ebe61efcadb7c9964d8faaadf3c24b14c1cc4faaea80d

• Keith Bregman
    Keith Bregman Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

This is indeed a Quicken problem, and they should own it. Like others, 2 MFA is NOT set up at Wells Fargo Website, nor has it even been modified at heir web page. BUG started with installation of Quicken version 7.0

We all are tired of the excuses. We pay a subscription, you owe it to us to come up with a viable permanent solution. [Removed - Disruptive].

This discussion has been closed.