Quicken including Pending transactions in downloaded reconcile balance

Options
Chris86
Chris86 Member ✭✭

Hi all.

I know there have been at least two threads about this already, but they are marked as closed, while the problem remains…at least for me. Here are a couple of previous examples of this issue from me and others:

Quicken Support acknowledged the issue, and after a couple of months, they posted that it was resolved. This was the message I got via email for the update thread:

==========================
Quicken Anja just added a comment in Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues: RESOLVED 8/3/23 Chase/Bank of America - Pending Transactions included in Online Balance

RESOLVED 8/3/23 This issue has been marked as resolved. However, this Alert will remain available for those who may still be experiencing this. Thank you!

===========================

The link to that thread is now disabled for some reason.

These posts reference Bank of America and Chase, but it is also happening to me with USAA accounts. My work around is just to accept the "balance adjustment" that is for all the pending transactions, then remove that entry from the register to keep things correct. Works, but it's such a pain.

I'd really like for Quicken Support to acknowledge that this problem remains for people like me, and hopefully be able to address it. :)

Anyone else still having this issue?

Any comments from Quicken Support?

Thanks all…

Comments

• JohnGW9
    JohnGW9 Member ✭✭
    Options

As of this morning the problem has returned. Must have been another update to BofA systems that wasn't properly executed or captured by Quicken.

• Morpheus
    Morpheus Member ✭✭
    Options

This issue is back this morning. Quicken is taking in the in process transactions for its total to balance against.

• rydogg1
    rydogg1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes noticed this myself as well. Was coming in to report.

• kuhawksr1
    kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This was posted to a previous ticket I no longer have access to for some reason:

Quicken Anja just added a comment in Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues: RESOLVED 8/3/23 Chase/Bank of America - Pending Transactions included in Online Balance

The problem has reappeared for me as of today, 9/14/23.

• kuhawksr1
    kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Problem reappeared on checking account with Bank of America.

• Morpheus
    Morpheus Member ✭✭
    Options

Any updates on this issue?

• Morpheus
    Morpheus Member ✭✭
    Options

Once again this error is happening. You cannot balance as the total includes the pending transactions as well as the cleared. Can you please fix this? It happens every few months now.

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This issue is not occurring for my BofA accounts. I recently re-established online services for all 10 of my BofA accounts.

I currently have pending transactions when are not affecting reconciliation/balancing.

You Don't Have to Have a Point, To Have A Point

• Morpheus
    Morpheus Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes other people are reporting it as well. It started last week

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

It is NOT doing wrong balances for me either so it is not effecting everyone for some reason.

• rydogg1
    rydogg1 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have submitted a report through my Quicken app about this. Again.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All, 

We have been notified that a server-side fix has been released for the Bank of America online balance issue. We request that you please try again, and let us know result.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

This is also happening with US Bank and has been for months. Reported, but it got no traction. Unfortunately, when it was fixed for BofA, it was assumed fixed for all. Not the case. There may be other banks having the same issue.

• Chris86
    Chris86 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi all.

OP here again. I'm sorry to hear that those of you who use BofA are experiencing this issue again, but I REALLY hope that @Quicken Anja notices that my original post was NOT about BofA, but about USAA, which is experiencing the same issue, and has been without remedy since March of 2023. :( PLEASE acknowledge that this is not just BofA, as @Randy 415 has reported also for US Bank.

Cautiously optimistic that we might all get this resolved with a fix soon!

Chris

• powerslyde
    Options

Having the same issue with Truist. Just started today.

• Randy 415
    Options

Tried again today. It still does not work for US Bank.

I can't speak to BofA or USAA as I do not have BofA or USAA.

• Chris86
    Chris86 Member ✭✭
    Options

Confirmed the same problem is still happening on USAA.

• Chris86
    Chris86 Member ✭✭
    Options

It would be great to get an acknowledgement from Quicken that this is happening. @Quicken Anja ? :)

Chris

• Chris86
    Chris86 Member ✭✭
    Options

Bumping this again, @Quicken Anja as it's still an issue for others besides BofA, and no response yet.

• Chris86
    Chris86 Member ✭✭
    Options

Another 8 days gone. @Quicken Anja

• Chris86
    Chris86 Member ✭✭
    Options

It's frustrating how difficult it is to get someone from Quicken to chime in on this. This has been an issue for me and others with various banks since March of 2023. @Quicken Anja , tagging you again, in hopes this might be the time for a response.

• Randy 415
    Options

Can't tell if it's still happening with US Bank. I have to have just the right setup (as in pending transactions). Worked today, but I have no pending transactions.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Do all of you not realize this is the fault of the banks? Quicken gets what the banks send. The banks are improperly sending pending transactions.

Complain to your bank.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris86
    Chris86 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Rocket J Squirrel, not disagreeing with you at all, but the fact that @Quicken Anja has also previously acknowledged this problem as one that did require, and receive, a fix from Quicken would cause me to believe that it would at least warrant an investigation by them again. It's very challenging as a user of a product to be stuck in the middle, with banks pointing at Quicken, and Quicken pointing at the banks. Quicken as a company has much more voice than an end user does. If it is a problem with a bank, I would hope that Quicken could assist its users by reaching out to the bank on our behalf.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Chris86 Here is the reality of the situation, Quicken Inc is stuck in the middle too. You are the customer of a customer of a service, which draws data from another source.

USAA is using Express Web Connect +.

The data flow (backwards and forward) is:

Quicken (the program) syncs with the Quicken Connection services (Quicken Inc server) which in turn gets its data from the Intuit servers (Quicken Inc pays Intuit for "connection services") which in turn actually connects to the financial institution to get the data.

Except for extreme cases, I doubt that Quicken Inc actual talks to any financial institution to try to resolve these kinds of problems. They talk to their service provider (Intuit).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW to add to that wrinkle, from what I can tell Quicken Inc doesn't have its own servers per se. It uses Amazon's cloud services for their "servers".

Signature:
  • Chris86
    Chris86 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the background, @Chris_QPW. That's helpful context.

I'd still hope that as Quicken is owned by Intuit that they would be able to work together somehow to help the poor customer of a customer of a service :)

I do have a work-around that I've been using since March of 2023, which is to reconcile with the bank, accept the balance adjustment that includes the pending transactions, then just delete it. I've been doing that so long now, it's just part of the process. Some time when I'm feeling like beating my head against the wall again, I'll try and reach out to USAA's technical support and see what they say. For now, I'll keep this thread going in case others are in the same situation that I am, so they know they're not alone.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris86 Quicken isn't owned by Intuit. Hasn't been for quite a few years now. Quicken 2017 is the last version that Intuit actually created (Released near the end of 2016). They sold Quicken in 2016. New company is called Quicken Inc. Which basically got its start as a split off of the "Quicken Department" (note not "connection services department" which they retained for both Quickbooks and to sell services to Quicken Inc) to H.I.G. Capital, and they sold it to Aquiline Capital Partners in 2021.

The "ultimate" workaround for such problems is to not reconcile to the online balance. That way you can put in the correct date/amount in the reconcile dialog that comes up.

Signature:
  • Chris86
    Chris86 Member ✭✭
    Options

For me, the ultimate solution is for the "reconcile with online balance" feature of the software that worked so well for so many years, up until March of this year, to do so again. It is that hope that keeps this thread alive.

I will reach out to USAA as well and see where I can get with them.

I will also try Quicken technical support, but from what I've read in other people's threads who have this issue, they have limited results.

Here's hoping though!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I said "ultimate workaround", it is that because nothing they do upstream can take it away. But certainly, the ultimate solution is if they can just get it fixed!

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.