Discover Online Biller Issue

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: discover card.

Comments

• mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem! I am seeing the following message in my Bills and Income tab after I complete an update:

We're are working on linking Discover we will let you know if we need anything else. When I attempted to select "fix it" button I immediately receive a new tab "Unable to update billers". This kind of problem seems to occur over and over with various online billers from time to time like; Spectrum & Discover within Quickens which often can lead to other problems within the online bills and income functions.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @mdeehl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mainjej
    mainjej Member
    Options

Hello @quicken Anja,

This issue has been going on for over five months. Your "Community Alert" hasn't been updated in four months. I know there isn't an ETA, but is somebody at least working on it?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @mainjej,

As long as an Alert is still open and has a ticket number(s) assigned to it, it is actively being worked on by our teams as the Alerts are updated based on the information provided within the ticket numbers assigned to them.

Any and all available updates will be posted in the Alert that was previously linked in my response above. Unfortunately, we do not have any further information available beyond what has already been posted thus far in the Alert.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If your bank (the one that runs your checking account) recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

IMHO, you have these alternatives (in no particular order of preference):

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least 3 weeks before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing. Note: limited number of free transactions per month.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments to be executed by the bank from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat both actions every time another payment is due.
    3. Bypass Bill Manager. Let the biller's (or credit card company's) computer system do all the work for you. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken, every month, record a regular Scheduled Reminder to keep track of your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (at least 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and transaction download capabilities were even introduced. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

This discussion has been closed.