System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Bank of America Download Issue - CC 800 error

Comments

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken developed a CC 800 error on one my Bank Of America accounts today.

Suggestion was to reset the account. I did that and it indicated all was successful. On the next One Step Update I initiated Quicken decided to match a Bank Of America credit card account with a Key Bank savings account and then proceeded to download over a months worth of old BofA credit card transactions and apply them to the Key Bank account.

Good Grief, this is a disaster!

You Don't Have to Have a Point, To Have A Point

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I removed Online access on all (10) of my Bank of America accounts.

Then I removed online access to KeyBank and 4 other store credit accounts. At that point I had no Online Services for any of the accounts in Quicken.

Then I ran the Validate task and Super Validate task and both returned "No Errors". I closed Quicken between these two validations.

Then I setup Online Services for my Bank Of America primary checking account. I selected "All Other States" as the download option. When prompted with the dialogue box displaying 'Link to Existing Account' I confirmed that each Quicken account was linking to the correct Bank Of America account. All were properly linking to the corresponding account.

Quicken then added all 10 Bank Of America accounts successfully! I closed Quicken then restarted it.

Next I ran One Step Update and it executed successfully however there were no new transactions to download.

I'll report back once I have new transactions to download.

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Performed a One Step Update on Saturday 9/16. One Bank of America credit card account had new transactions.

All 4 new transactions were were downloaded properly and applied to the correct Bank of America account.

It appears to be working now. I will report back in the days to come as more accounts have new transactions.

I have not added Online Services for my other store credit cards. I'll wait until I'm confident that all Bank of America accounts are downloading properly.

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

All Checking and Savings and Credit Card accounts for Bank of America are working properly now as evidenced by transactions downloaded over multiple days.

It appears that when re-establishing online services for existing accounts you have to pay special attention to the account that Quicken is selecting as 'Link to Existing'. When I did this and confirmed the correct corresponding account was selected the online services were established correctly.

Note, I have not re-established online services for non Bank of America credit card accounts. That's the next step and I will report results in the days to come.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @Pedro504,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, and we apologize that you experienced this, though we are happy to hear you were able to resolve the problem.

For future reference, the incorrect linking of accounts is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all updates and information.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Today I re-established online services for 4 major credit card accounts and non Bank of America checking account.

In each case I double checked the 'Link to Existing' that Quicken selected and it was correct except for one. Quicken decided to create a new account however I changed it to 'Link to Existing' and selected the correct corresponding account.

This discussion has been closed.