Schwab Brokerage accounts - transactions missing since 8/17/2023

Options

I have tried everything to fix this…Reset the accounts, etc….and cannot resolve. Anyone know how to fix?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @mhollerb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this the first time this has happened, or has this been a recurring issue? If you haven't done so already, I would recommend following the steps in this article on what to do when transactions are missing or not downloading.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RNALowe
    RNALowe Member ✭✭
    Options

Charles Schwab (and just about every other institution that Quicken connects with) is requiring a new way to validate Quicken access to accounts. The process involves the Quicken program jumping to a browser window and bank-hosted sign in and authorization form. The process is irritatingly slow inside of the Quicken (for Windows) program. It works, but you have to connect to each institution individually prompted by the “Fix It” button after a Quicken One-Step Update.

With Schwab there is an additional wrinkle … you have to / get to choose between downloading ONLY positions and balances, or downloading ALL TRANSACTIONS (which was previously the only choice, so we all used it). Despite the fact that ALL TRANSACTIONS was the only previous choice (so we all used it), the DEFAULT is now “simple” (only positions and balances are downloaded). Quicken doesn’t tell you that your previous choice to download all transactions has been changed to the new “default” of balances and positions only. You have to figure it all yourself.

You can find the choice selection of which kind of download you want from Schwab under “Account Details”, but not in the Online Services tab (where you’d expect it to be) but in the General tab.

• mhollerb
    Options

not sure I am following…here is my Account Details and it has always been set to "Complete". Where is the general tab anyway?

• mhollerb
    Options

the picture above is from the general tab - sorry for confusion. anyway, no fix, still have same issues….no transactions since 8/17. The Quicken help desk said they are aware of this issue and there is NO ETA. just awesome

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

There is a Community Alert for the issue and there are some troubleshooting steps that can sometimes resolve the issue. When you reached out to Quicken's chat support, did they walk you through any of the troubleshooting? If they did not do any troubleshooting with you, then to start, do you have cloud sync turned on? You can check that by going to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. If cloud sync is on, do you sync to the cloud at the same time as you run your One Step Update? Do you have multiple login credentials to access your Schwab accounts (for instance, if you track your own Schwab accounts and someone else's accounts)? Do you update your accounts one financial institution at a time, or do you do all at once through One Step Update?

@RNALowe,

Thank you for joining the discussion. There is a global preference you can change to prevent Quicken from trying to default to Simple Tracking every time you add or reconnect an investment account. To change that global preference, go to Edit>Preferences>Investments and uncheck the "Default to Simple Investing for new accounts" option.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.