One Step Update Added Accounts that Aren't Associated with on the One Step Update List

Options

Hi,

Thanks in advance for any help with this topic. I've read similar posts about recent issues with the 'One-Step Update'. This issue seems to have started after an update from the innumerable Quicken updates. I have an investment account that is updated automatically, but added a couple of my non-investment bank accounts to the update list. However, the two investment accounts are with a separate institution than the the two non-investment accounts that Quicken associated with the institution. I have not determined a root cause for this issue. Thanks again for any help.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @gizmoinva,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify what is happening, are you saying that accounts you usually don't update are showing as selected and getting updated when you run One Step Update?

Or do you mean that when you are connecting/reconnecting an account, other accounts that you don't want getting connected are being linked up, and/or accounts are getting linked to the incorrect names in Quicken?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gizmoinva
    gizmoinva Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Quicken Kristina,

Thank you for responding. You are correct in that I'm saying that accounts I usually don't update are showing as selected and getting updated when you run One Step Update. Your graphic helps convey the issue. For example, my T.Rowe accounts started to show a couple of my banking accounts associated with T.Rowe. However, the two bank accounts are with another institution other than T.Rowe. Just weird. This issue just started happening around the middle of last week. Thanks again for your help. If I don't find a simple solution, I may need to delete the accounts and recreate them.

• gizmoinva
    gizmoinva Member ✭✭
    Options

One last thing: The two banking accounts that shouldn't be part of the one-step update, is now showing transactions that Quicken states I need to be reviewed / cleared. However, when I click on the two accounts there are no transactions that need to be reviewed.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

Have you added, reconnected, or reset any accounts recently? From what you are describing, it sounds like some non-T.Rowe accounts got linked to T.Rowe accounts in your Quicken, and they are now trying to download transactions. If that is what is happening, then the simplest solution would be to restore a backup from before the issue started.

If that isn't what is happening, then the issue of transactions needing to be reviewed/cleared, but none showing in the accounts would need to be addressed first. To troubleshoot that issue, please follow the steps in this article on when Quicken says there are transactions to download, but you don't see any.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gizmoinva
    gizmoinva Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks again Kristina. Restoring a backup is the only option.

• gizmoinva
    gizmoinva Member ✭✭
    Options

Just one last thing. I've been using Quicken since I transitioned to from Microsoft Money when it was discontinued in 2009. I am not by no means a Quicken expert, but I've used it enough to know my way around its features. This is the first time that I've been unable to solve an issue whose root cause I believe was due to one of the innumerable software updates. I hope others don't have to experience this issue.

This discussion has been closed.