Unable to update Capital One account

Options

Quicken for Mac
Version 7.2.2 (Build 702.49933.100)
Mac OS 12.6.8

When I try to automatically update my Capital One transactions, I get a message that I need to reauthorize. When I follow the steps, I get a script error:

An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.
Care code: FDP-189

Details:
CP_SCRIPT_ERROR
Script not written yet. New script needs to be supported for this FI.

So I've been downloading my transactions to a .qfx file and importing. All good until this month. I got the usual "importing x number of transaction to account ending in xxxx." But no transactions actually imported.

Anyone know where I can go from here? I have other accounts that are all updating normally.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Lisa Barnes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. The first issue you mention, with the connection to Capital One, usually happens when the particular connection you are using isn't able to communicate with the server properly. To resolve that issue, you would need to first backup your Quicken file. Then, deactivate all of your Capital One accounts. To reconnect your accounts, go to Accounts>Add Account. Search for Capital One, and choose a different connection (for instance, choose Capital One 360 instead of Capital One Card Services). Then, follow the prompts and carefully relink your accounts to the correct name in Quicken.

For the second issue, there are a couple things that can cause a web connect (.QFX) file to not import. If there are no new transactions to import, then it will act like it's working, but there won't be any new information to pull in. It can also happen if there is an issue with the .QFX file that keeps Quicken from reading it properly. I would recommend checking to make sure there are new transactions to pull in and making sure the .QFX file's date range would include those new transactions. Also, double check to make sure that the transactions aren't being hidden by a filter or sort option in the register. If the transactions still aren't pulling in after that, try importing as a new account rather than linking to the existing. That can help narrow down if the problem is with the .QFX file or if the issue is something going on in your Quicken file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.