CC-506 on all navy federal credit union accounts

Options
Rick56
Rick56 Member ✭✭✭

I received this error trying to update my NFCU accounts this morning. Went to the NFCU site to make sure it was up and I could log in. I tried resetting the accounts without success. I tried deactivating and reactivating without success. I just installed Quicken on a new computer but it tested out successfully last night.

Version 52.20

Build 27.1.52.20

Windows 11 Home

Version 22H2

Build 22621.2283

I was able to download and add the transactions manually from the NFCU site.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Rick56,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you haven't done so already, I would recommend that you backup your Quicken file, then follow the troubleshooting in this article on error code CC-506:

Refresh your account information

1. From your account register, select the Actions gear icon at the very top of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N).
    2. Then select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. If the problem persists, continue with the procedures below.

Deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts:

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A);
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List;
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab;
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List;
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken;
    7. Click the Add Account button at the bottom of the Account Bar on your main view;
    8. Walk through this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented, UNTIL you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution;
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rick56
    Rick56 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thanks for your suggestions but I had already done those things before I posted the topic. The problem resolved itself about 48 hours later. As usual, when it started downloading again, I got about a month of transactions that had already been downloaded and accepted. Not sure why it does that but it is a bit tedious having to check and then delete those downloaded transactions. Match manually doesn't work when the transaction has already been reconciled. Once again thanks. This topic can be closed.

• Rick56
    Rick56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OBTW - I had to reset the checking account again this morning. This is happening more and more. I have functionality at the moment.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear it is working now. If the duplicate transactions are a recurring issue, I would recommend checking the download ID to see if the financial institution is sending the transactions again with a different ID. To do that, go to the gear icon in the upper right of your account register (in Quicken), select Register Columns, then check the Downloaded ID box and click Done.

If you compare the Downloaded ID on the original downloaded transaction and the duplicate transaction and it is different, then the issue is being caused by the financial institution sending the information in a way that makes Quicken think they are new transactions.

One thing you can do to mitigate the inconvenience of having duplicate transactions going straight into your register is you can turn Automatic entry off so that new transactions go into a section below the register for your to accept, match, or delete. There are two ways to do this:

1. If you want this to apply to all accounts, go to Edit>Preferences>Downloaded transactions and uncheck the "Automatically add to banking registers" box.
    2. If you are wanting to do this for just one or a small number of accounts, then, for each account you wish to change, go to the account register, click the gear in the upper right, and select Edit account details. Select the Online Services tab. There will be a blue link that says "Automatic entry is: ". Click on that and select "No- Never automatically add transactions for this account", then click OK. On the confirmation screen, click Continue, then click OK, and next time there are new transactions, they will download to a section below the register.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Rick56
    Rick56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You are right. The bank is sending them with a different ID. I never had auto enry on so I can just delete the duplicates. The problem is that now the bank is sending them on every download rather than just when I reset the account. It is a pain that I guess I will have to deal with for now.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If the transactions are being sent over with a different ID, that is something originating on the financial institution's side. You may need to reach out to your financial institution to get the issue resolved. If you do so, you may need to ask for a supervisor or a higher level of tech support in order to get someone who is more likely to be knowledgable about integration with 3rd parties, such as Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Brian Grafe
    Brian Grafe Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina Thank you for these detailed instructions. I've recently had a recurrence of similar NFCU problem experienced late Spring / early Summer, and wanted to ask...

I've been using (for many years) One-step update for multiple banks / investment accounts / credit cards. Last week, NFCU started 'going through the motions' (including the 2-factor auth) during updates, but would not yield any transaction downloads (that I knew were cleared on NFCU's website). So, (in fear) I deactivated / reactivated my three active NFCU accounts, and sure enough the old problem returned:

(I'm currently using Quicken Deluxe for Windows 10 Home, Ver. R52.20, Build 27.1.52.20)

There was a prior thread for this problem, now closed, but no 'solution' was ever explained/provided. For me, the problem finally corrected itself earlier this summer (but NFCU downloads had not been as 'stable' / consistently successful as in the past).

So, although the error appears to be different, would you recommend following your 'procedure' above for again trying to reactivate the NFCU accounts for this particular issue? (I noticed you'd given similar? instructions to someone using Quicken for Mac, pertaining to error code 106, I think)

Thanks, Brian

• chargedbird
    chargedbird Member ✭✭
    Options

My issue is the same as Brian describes. Unable to download any transactions from any accounts. Same issues as in the Spring. I reset all my accounts. Same results.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @Brian Grafe and @chargedbird,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10491952/CTP-7804)

Quicken Kristina

• chargedbird
    chargedbird Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

Thank you for the update, here is the screen shot of my error. I also bookmarked the community alert. Thanks again.

• Brian Grafe
    Brian Grafe Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina I thought I'd posted the other day, but guess I never hit the button. Just wanted to echo my 'thanks' for your response and escalating this issue. I've "clicked the ribbon" for updates. All the best to you, Brian

This discussion has been closed.