Two Capital One Credit Card Accounts

Options
ahop
ahop Member

My husband has a new Capital One Credit Card account. I already have one in Quicken. When I try to add this new Capital One account it continually asks me to authorize my existing account. It never gives me the option to add another Capital One account. I have tried closing and reopening Quicken as one user said worked for them. No luck.

Any suggestions as to how to get this account entered would be appreciated.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @ahop,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When you say it keeps asking you to authorize your existing account, do you mean it pops up a browser window that already sees your account? If that is the case, it may be a remember me setting causing you to be automatically logged in, or a password manager that automatically logs you in. There are a couple ways to work around this. Opening up your browser, logging into your Capital One account, then logging back out again will sometimes work to end the session so that you can add the new account in Quicken and get the prompt to login to the new account rather than your existing account. If that doesn't work, then I would suggest temporarily changing your default browser, then going through the process in Quicken to add the new account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.