More Groups Added to Account Bar

Options
Jeff76
Jeff76 Member ✭✭✭

Is Quicken considering adding more groups to the account bar, so you can have stocks, bonds, preferred stocks, mutual funds as a sub category under the Investment heading listed in the account bar?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I rather doubt that they will do that because it will then no longer be a top level current or ending value summary listing of Accounts. Securities are not accounts just like categories are not accounts.

There are already several different ways to get that security level summary data quickly via Portfolio on the Investing tab, Dashboard on the Investing tab, Holdings in the investment Account Registers and in several different Investing reports. Is there something about these that is not providing you with the information you desire or need to see?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Jeff76
    Jeff76 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would not want to duplicate any of my accounts, but I think having a portfolio type view in the Account Bar would be helpful vs everything being lopped under investments especially when someone owns stock, preferred stock, and bonds all issued by the same company. I update investments manually and I have to hunt around for the right account to update. I download transactions for my checking and Visa accounts, but found downloads for investment accounts too problematic, so I was just trying to make the process a little easier. Thanks for all the input.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You would have to create an Idea post in this forum to suggest it.

But, from my perspective, it is the ACCOUNT BAR. Unless your investment accounts only hold a single group of the types that you mentioned, putting them on the ACCOUNT BAR would be a duplication/subaccount level of the existing accounts already shown and show more networth than actually exists.

The Investing portfolio views will do what you are asking for.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe you're asking for something that's impossible. The Account Bar is designed to list all your Accounts, and only your accounts. Its purpose is to provide you with a quick and easy one-click method to switch from one account register to another.

If you would like to have a view which breaks down your investment holdings across accounts try setting up a Portfolio view (under the Investing tab) and group the view by Security type.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I rather doubt that they will do that because it will then no longer be a top level current or ending value summary listing of Accounts. Securities are not accounts just like categories are not accounts.

There are already several different ways to get that security level summary data quickly via Portfolio on the Investing tab, Dashboard on the Investing tab, Holdings in the investment Account Registers and in several different Investing reports. Is there something about these that is not providing you with the information you desire or need to see?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Jeff76
    Jeff76 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would not want to duplicate any of my accounts, but I think having a portfolio type view in the Account Bar would be helpful vs everything being lopped under investments especially when someone owns stock, preferred stock, and bonds all issued by the same company. I update investments manually and I have to hunt around for the right account to update. I download transactions for my checking and Visa accounts, but found downloads for investment accounts too problematic, so I was just trying to make the process a little easier. Thanks for all the input.

This discussion has been closed.