Does Quicken have access to accounts I don't have loaded in my Quicken File?

Options

I have 5 checking accounts with the same bank (and same password), but only wish to track one of them in Quicken. Will Quicken still access the other accounts?

I don't like the new way of downloading … feels quite invasive.

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

the entire account is capable of being shared with Quicken based upon what bank accounts are accessible with your bank ID / password… but only those you have setup in Quicken will have data transactions explicitly downloaded

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

"Will Quicken still access the other accounts?

If you don't set these other accounts in Quicken, or set them up but don't set them up for downloading, then Quicken should not be accessing those accounts. I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "I don't like the new way of downloading" but if you're referring to Express Web Connect+ (EWC+) then you have to expressly allow Quicken to access each account that you want Quicken to access for downloading.

• GG_Bridge
    GG_Bridge Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

In the Bank "warning" it says Quicken has more access than just my transactions. Also, when I look at account settings for a checking that I don't update or even list in Quicken, it is showing as shared with Quicken. I should point out that I've been using Quicken for at least 30 years — so I'm not a newbie. Just a user concerned with how much data everyone wants to grab.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you please show us this warning and that account setting? It's difficult to understand what you're seeing.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

the entire account is capable of being shared with Quicken based upon what bank accounts are accessible with your bank ID / password… but only those you have setup in Quicken will have data transactions explicitly downloaded

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.