Sign on credit card payment being changed to a positive sign

Options

I am entering a bill reminder to pay my credit card. I have entered as a xfer reminder and a bill reminder, same behavior. I select the estimated amount to be based on the credit card balance but when I save it, quicken automatically takes off the negative sign. The problem is now in projected balances that the credit card balance is not being deducted from my projected balance, it is actually adding to it. Also, when I go to enter the payment, the payment is entered as a charge to the credit card rather than a payment. So, now I have to manually update it to a negative sign to properly correct the issue. Long time user and this just started happening maybe in the last 3-4 months. Anyone have any other sort of workaround to this issue?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Chip Anthony,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, when creating a bill reminder, shouldn't the payment amount be entered as a positive number? When you put in a negative number for the payment amount, Quicken may interpret that as the biller owing you money and sending those funds back to your account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.