Can't add routing number

Options
Frank5
Frank5 Member ✭✭✭

I have been unable to add the routing number for 2 of my accounts. The field in the "Edit Account Details" does not allow entry. Any ideas?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is normal for an online account. Once the account has connected, the account number, routing number, and customer ID are determined by Quicken and cannot be changed by the user. If the account is connecting properly, don't worry about it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• rmsxc26
    rmsxc26 Member
    Options

but it is not connecting properly

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In case of transaction download problems

Please provide more details.

• What edition level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.), version and release of Quicken (R xx.xx or R x.x.x) are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release. You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    • US, Canadian or other international version of Quicken?
    • Is your subscription still active? Or is it expired?
    • What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    • What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    • What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    • What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    • How frequently do you download using One Step Update or "Update Now"?
    • Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update (Mac: update all accounts) from your desktop/laptop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    • What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@franks, you haven't reported any problems for 2 years, so what SPECIFIC problems are you having with your downloading.

And, once the bank is identified by name, the Routing Number is redundant … which is why you can't input it. Also note that many banks have multiple routing numbers (my prior employer, at one point, had over 100), so the RT on your checks might not be the one that your bank wants to use with Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think what a lot of people don't realize is that the routing number, account number, and such isn't there for user's use. Quicken uses this information to tie the Quicken account to the online account. It just has to be unique. Even then it isn't entirely clear what of this information will use depending on which connection type is used.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.