Alight Solutions - not connecting to Quicken

Options

cannot connect alight to quicken since my company changed, and I have a new company code for alight

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

clarify - appears to be a 401k company -

10245 10245 10245 Alight Solutions
    https://alight.com/ NA
    https://alight.com/ ACTIVE
    ACCOUNTINFO,401K&DIRECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Joezippy
    Joezippy Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken has been unable to connect to Alight Solutions since June 30th. Quicken has been NO help in resolving the issue.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @lgc and @Joezippy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Alight? Are you experiencing issues with adding accounts or downloading transactions? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your responses.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Rogue
    Rogue Member
    Options

The information is that Quicken cannot connect to the Alight servers. It has been this way since around 6/27/2023 for me and many others. I've opened a ticket with Quicken and Alight. It's been months and neither company has been any help or even acknowledged the problem.

• Curtis88
    Curtis88 Member ✭✭
    Options

Also cannot connect to Alight using Quicken for Mac. Used to work for over a year, now doesn't seem to authenticate credentials.

I wish the proper Quicken support would work on this. Knowledgeable support staff would know that the only connection method to Alight is Direct Connect (there is no choice in the Quicken popup).

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My Alight connection is still working (Home Depot 401k). However, in the past 3 years or so I've had at least 2-3 times where it's stopped working or given errors. The only way I've ever fixed those is to deactivate the account, then I sync to mobile cloud data. I think once I had to do a "reset" of the cloud data. Then I edit account details and setup online again. Sounds like there's a few different issues lumped in this thread (company change - I can see causing issues) vs. not able to connect. Unfortunately the folks in the forums are not Quicken employees nor official support, so they usually just kinda copy/paste the same basic info for troubleshooting to try to help out.

What are the error codes/screenshots?

There's also a log file somewhere (I have to dig up what/where that is) that you may be able to look at that might help at least attempt to figure out what actual problem is.

• Stephen3003
    Options

I too am unable to connect to alight for my 401k account with the FRB.

• Stephen3003
    Options

My FRB 401 k is managed by alight. Quicken doesn’t have an option for selecting Alight while Credit Karma as well as it’s predecessor Mint allows the user to add alight.

I am disappointed that Quicken which charges an annual fee can’t access financial institutions that free Credit Karma does include access to all of my financial institutions.

• Stephen3003
    Stephen3003 Member
    Options

The Federal Reserve Board doesn’t know why I can not link my retirement account with quicken. Their representative suggested alight solutions but Quicken doesn’t recognize it. I was then connected to Quicken. The Quicken representative told me that I would have to purchase the upgrade to get technical support and their cheapest plan is $200.

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I doubt you were really talking to Quicken. Sounds like a scam.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Stephen3003

The company claiming to be Quicken that you spoke with is definitely a scam company as we do not charge to contact Quicken Support.

Please forward any details you have about this interaction you had to spoof@quicken.com so the proper channels can investigate it.

Also, going forward, please refer to the link below which provides the only legitimate ways to contact Quicken Support:

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Odd. When I go into my Quicken Classic Deluxe (hate the new naming format), and click the "+" to add an account, and then type: alight

into the search bar, it comes up with Alight Solutions

• jtpez
    jtpez Member
    Options

Can't connect my Alight Solutions 401k account to Quicken. Any help? It doesn't appear when you search for it in "Add Account."

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jtpez,

The option exists in Quicken for Windows:

Are you trying to connect in Quicken for Windows, or are you using Simplifi? If you're using Simplifi, then I'd recommend going to the Simplifi Community for assistance.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

If you haven't tried already, I would recommend taking a look at this post from a Quicken for Mac user encountering a similar issue and see if their solution works for you also:

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.