Will not download from Kohl's

Options
2»

Comments

• john.w.francis
    john.w.francis Member ✭✭
    Options

This has been going on much too long. When I spoke with a Kohl's rep (mid December, I think) they gave me no hope of a quick fix.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree…much too long. I've given up on being able to download from Kohl's since they have made no indication of when (or even if) they will fix their server issue that caused the connection problem. I've decided life is too short to allow Kohl's stress me out.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Quicken uses a proprietary file format for importing financial data that was developed by Intuit. It cannot import any standard CSV formatted file from any source. Years ago, Intuit owned both Mint and Quicken so Intuit developed a unique CSV file for Mint that could be imported into Quicken….made a lot of sense back then to be able to share data between sister platforms. I'm guessing that once Intuit spun off Quicken they had no incentive to extend this unique CSV file to other financial institutions. And now that they have discontinued Mint they have even less incentive to do anything more about it.

You might want to consider using a freeware conversion program that was developed by a long-time Quicken user and one of the more active participants in the Community called ImportQIF. It can convert CSV, Excel, QIF and OFX financial data files into a customized QIF file that can then be imported into Quicken. You can read up on it and download it from https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/ .

• GSJ
    GSJ Member ✭✭
    Options

I sent Kohl's a message that I won't be using their services till they can provide the minimum functionality customers expect from a credit card processor.  Perhaps a large group contacting Kohl's directly telling them it is causing an effect on their bottom line, may have some impact.

• TedG
    TedG Member ✭✭
    Options

A few weeks ago, a rep from Kohl's Credit card (managed by Capital One, I believe) informed me that the card no longer syncs with Quicken, and there were no plans to restart linkage. I tried linking today and received a CC-555, which means that the bank has blocked Quicken from its servers. So, while we customers can decide if want to continue to use the card, Quicken's only fault is not to remove the card from their list of linking cards.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

…Quicken's only fault is not to remove the card from their list of linking cards.

Just like Quicken cannot control what Kohl's does or does not do regarding their restoration of downloading into Quicken (and other financial programs/apps), Quicken does not control which financial institutions show up in Add Account or Set Up Now.

This is because the FIDIR (Financial Institutions Directory) list….which tells Quicken which financial institutions support Quicken, the connection method(s) they support and which type(s) of account(s) they support….is managed by Intuit, not Quicken. If a financial institution shows up in the FIDIR, it will show up in Quicken. Intuit sets up the FIDIR based upon the contracts they have with the financial institutions. Intuit will not remove a financial institution unless that financial institution requests Intuit to do that. So once, again, if Kohl's really does intend to permanently eliminate support for Quicken, getting Kohl's removed from the list of financial institutions in Add Account and Set Up Now is something that Kohl's owns.

That all being said, Kohl's saying they have no plan to once again add system support for downloading into Quicken (and other financial planning softwares/apps) does not necessarily mean that they will never do it. It may simply mean that they have no current plan. If you look through the various threads regarding this Kohl's issue, Kohl's messaging on this has been very consistently cryptic about this since at least last August/September and leaves open the possibility that support for Quicken will perhaps be restored at some time. And the fact that they have not yet requested Intuit to remove them from the FIDIR is also an indication that perhaps at some time they will restore support for Quicken.

But as mentioned above, I'm not holding my breath for that to happen and am now manually managing my Kohl's card account in Quicken. For me it is less than 2 dozen transactions a year (including purchases, returns and payments) so it's no big deal. I will set up Kohl's for downloads, again, if and when they once again add support for Quicken.

• phonedoc1
    phonedoc1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have also had this issue way too long. I fixed the problem just a few days ago. I paid off the card and closed the account. The Kohl's rep could care less. With customer service like that, they'll be out of business soon enough so no one will have to worry about Quicken access any more. Just ludicrous!

This discussion has been closed.