ESOG (Employee Stock Option Grant). Cannot edit Expire Date (N/A) - Greyed out

Options
MDD
MDD Member ✭✭

I have a ESOG Grant, which was underwater for all of it's life (Such is life), and has expired. It never had any value until recently. The Stock is now back above the grant price and is now showing as having value in Quicken. It appears that when the grant was entered / downloaded the expiration date was set to N/A. Since thre is no expiration date recorded in the register Quicken now thinks I have these options despite the fact they expired a long time ago. I need to go back and set the Expire Date on the Grant. However, when I edit the Grant the Expire Date shows as N/A and is Greyed out. Is there a way to fix this ?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @MDD,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Quicken gives the option to edit the expiration date only if it sees an expiration date to begin with. Since it doesn't see an expiration date for your grant, it provides no option to change it.

To correct this, you would want to backup your Quicken file, then delete the ESOG and its associated transactions, then set up the ESOG again, making sure to put in the correct expiration date when going through the wizard.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.