American Express FSB transactions not downloading

Options
chuckfoster
chuckfoster Member ✭✭✭

Recent transactions (starting approximately 9-15-2023) at American Express FSB have quit downloading through One Step Update or individually requesting an update for the one account through Update Now. I have used the Reset Account option and later the Deactivate Online Services option and then Reactivated. The Reset option did nothing while the Deactivate/Reactivate appeared to reinitiate the services, but with no recent transactions downloading. Using Quicken version R52.20, Build 27.1.52.20.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @chuckfoster,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with American Express FSB? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. Did this issue begin to occur after a recent update? Do you receive any error codes or messages? What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• chuckfoster
    chuckfoster Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Update: As of this morning, downloads for this account appear to be working again. However, after the update, the opening balance of the account (in November 2017) was shown as $-50.73 rather than zero. This was the total of two withdrawals that occurred during the outage. The two withdrawals posted to my Quicken account, but the ending balance was off by the $-50.73. It took quite a bit of head scratching to discover the problem.

In answer to your question, the connection method is Express Web Connect. The problem started last week, after September 16, and I believe there was an update around that time (I installed the update immediately after being notified that it was available). There were no codes or messages. Both during One Step Updates and attempting to update the individual account, nothing out of the ordinary was reported; it's just that I knew that transactions were posted to the AMEX FSB account and were not downloaded to Quicken.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @chuckfoster,

Thank you for providing more information and for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved and that you are able to download transactions once again!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.