Lots of CC update failures

Options
brewtoo64
brewtoo64 Member, Windows Beta Beta

Quicken used to be so trouble free. No longer. I can no longer update several of my credit cards. PenFed, AAA, Paypal and Fidelity. They've each gone down, one by one - in slightly different ways.

I just got off the phone with customer service. I know more about Quicken than these CSRs do, evidently. They pretend like it's the first they've heard of these problems. Of course, it isn't.

Then they want to waste a bunch more of the customer's time by connecting to the customer's computer. No thanks. Then they tell you to try again in 24 hours. LOL. "Someone is working on it so eventually it will be fixed," I was told. Well, we gets there when we gets there, I guess.

This is why it's bad when there's no competition.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @brewtoo64,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing these issues.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Could you please provide me with the ticket number(s) that were given to you during your interaction(s) with Quicken Support?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• brewtoo64
    Options

I was given no ticket number.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @brewtoo64,

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps for this issue—these steps should resolve things for you, but if not, please come back and post more about your experience so we can investigate. 

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• brewtoo64
    Options

Thanks! That seems to have worked. We will see what happens next.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @brewtoo64,

Awesome!

I am glad to hear that we were able to reach a resolution.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

• brewtoo64
    Options

Uh oh. This morning it's right back like before - 2 successful updates and 11 failures. So I signed out of data file again as you suggested. Signed back in. The next update worked, although it took a LONG time. About five minutes.

This discussion has been closed.