R52.20 - this version takes FOREVER to finish completing ANY tasks. (edit)

Options

All of a sudden this version takes FOREVER to finish completing ANY tasks. The wheel just spins and spins when attempting to add a transaction to a register. Is anyone else having these issues?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @sthammond,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? Do you receive any error codes or messages? Are you experiencing slowness during any other tasks (such as, One Step Update)?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tell us more about "attempting to add a transaction to a register", please.
    Is this any banking register or a specific investment register that's giving you problems?
    How many transactions are contained in this register?
    For investment registers, how many securities are in your Security List? Several thousand?

Click Help in the Menu Bar. Shift+click About Quicken and it'll tell you in a File Information window.
    Please capture an image snapshot of this popup window, blank out personal ID information and attach it to your next comment.

How many Memorized Payee List (MPL) entries do you have in your file? A couple hundred? Several thousands?
    To trim the MPL list and keep it in shape please do this:
    In Edit / Preferences / Data Entry and Quickfill make sure you have a checkmark at
    [√] "Remove memorized payees not used in [xx] months"
    and set [xx] to something like "18". Do not set it to zero. IMHO, you should set the number to 12 or higher for best results, so that once-a-year payees don't vanish.
    Restart Quicken for the change to take effect and housekeeping to clean up the Memorized Payee List.
    Check the File Information box again to see the reduced count.

This discussion has been closed.