Missing Account

Options

One of my investing accounts has disappeared from my Quicken account list - don't know why. When I try to add the account again from my brokerage house (the account still is in my brokerage account), the response I get is:

Acccount Type Nickname Action

Brokerage Account 603 Brokerage 2703* Don’t add to Quicken

*Not the nickname I gave the account

I don't know how that Action snuck in there, but I cannot re-add the account.

Comments

• Bill2VA
    Bill2VA Member
    Options

Account Issue

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Bill2VA,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Was there anything that may have triggered it (such as deactivating/reconnecting or adding accounts)? From what you are describing, it sounds like Quicken thinks the account is already connected under that nickname you showed above. Have you gone to Tools>Account List to see if you can find that nickname it was showing? Does the original nickname you gave it show up in the Account List at all (you may need to select the option to show hidden accounts)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bill2VA
    Bill2VA Member
    Options

It started about a week ago when I noticed that my banking (not brokerage) accounts were way out of sync. I contacted Hector at Quicken Support and he worked with me to solve the problem, and he did, connecting, disconnecting and whatever to bring my banking accounts back to where they should be. He never worked my brokerage accounts. The next day I noticed that my Brokerage account was missing from my Quicken list of accounts. I have done you recommended and I did find a similar (but not actual) nickname in one of my Banking accounts. I cannot find any reference to the nickname that I had given originally to the missing Brokerage account. I have no hidden accounts. You hit the nail on the head when you said " it sounds like Quicken thinks the account is already connected". But I haven't figured a workaround.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I sent you a DM, please check your inbox (the envelope icon near the upper right).

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bill2VA
    Bill2VA Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

[Removed - Personal Information]

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yikes, edit your post and remove your phone #. Anyone could call and say they are from Quicken and scram you.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.