Unable to change email address in community account profile

leishirsute
leishirsute Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Even though when I change the email address in my community profile and the Account & Privacy settings show the new email address is Confirmed, I never receive a validation email and if I log out and back in, the new email address is not recognized and I have to use the old email address.

Does this change email feature in the profile actually work?

Deluxe R58.9, Windows 11 Pro

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭

if you are not receiving the email confirmation- it might indicate your email provider is blocking emails from the Quicken Forum as Spam….
    I have this exact problem and had to setup and use a Gmail email as my forum email and ID -

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I didn't receive the email confirmation.

But I received your email notification in my new email address.

Strange.

My profile shows the new email address but if I log out and back in I have to use my old email address and the profile email address gets reset to the old email address. Kind of quirky.

Deluxe R58.9, Windows 11 Pro

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe there is a linkage between your Quicken ID and the email address you use on this site. If they're not the same, unexpected results may ensue.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @leishirsute,

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.