Navy Federal Credit Union - unable to connect for months (QMAC)

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Navy Federal Account Connections broken again??

Comments

• gusdriver
    gusdriver Member ✭✭
    Options

I, too, have been unable to connect to NFCU for the last couple of months. Despite several calls to Quicken support, they have not been able to fix it. I was told to wait for an email once it's fixed. I received an email, went through the steps outlined, but it was no help at all.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @gusdriver,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Did you have the ticket number from when you contacted Support? What error codes/messages are you receiving?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gusdriver
    gusdriver Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Kristina. My ticket number was 10450791. Also, since the last update, there are now two more financial institutions that won't download, Caliber Home Loans and Vanguard Ascensus Retirement. I have not yet contacted Quicken Support for these. The message I get when trying to connect to all three is: "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for [institution name]."

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When I check that ticket, I can see you were having issues with a CC-929 error. Are you still getting a CC-929 with Navy Federal Credit Union, or is it the "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for [institution name]." (FDP-103) error, or a different error?

For the financial institutions giving you the "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for [institution name]." (FDP-103), let's start troubleshooting using the steps from this article on error FDP-103:

First, backup your Quicken file.

Then, deactivate all the accounts with the affected financial institutions

1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with these specific financial institutions (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    5. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    6. Select the Downloads tab.
    7. Click on Disconnect Account.
    8. Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    9. Quit Quicken.

Next, delete Quicken passwords from the Keychain

1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.

Lastly, re-add the accounts

1. Go to Accounts > Add Account.
    2. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    3. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    4. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.

Once you have completed these steps, test to see if the issue is resolved. If the issue is not resolved, please reach out so we can further assist you.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• KKSD
    KKSD Member
    Options

My NFCU accounts (banking and credit cards) stopped syncing about 2 weeks ago. I've followed the FDP-103 instructions from this post and have also reset my login credentials at NFCU but still receive the "Did you mis-type…" error dialog when trying to re-connect.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @KKSD,

I'm sorry to hear the troubleshooting listed above did not correct the issue. I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• gusdriver
    gusdriver Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina, I carefully followed your instructions (which I had done before with Quicken Support on the phone) and it did not work. I received the same error message: "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for [institution name]."

• gusdriver
    gusdriver Member ✭✭
    Options

@KKSD, please let me know if Quicken Support was able to fix your problem, because they gave up trying to fix mine. Kristina, if this is something I just have to live with, I will not be renewing my subscription (my only, pathetic, leverage).

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @gusdriver,

I sent you a DM. Please navigate to your inbox to read the message. You can access the inbox by clicking the envelope icon near the upper right.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.