Bill reminders auto-changing to INCOME reminders if you have a credit balance

mjonis
mjonis Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

So this has happened at least 3 times in the last few months.

Quicken Deluxe for Windows

Version R52.20

Build 27.1.52.20

I used the calendar view to create a reminder and it's set for payment to various credit card companies (ie: Barclay AAdvantage card). I set it for the "current statement balance".

Due to some returns/credits, I had a month where instead of having to pay, I have a credit balance.

Quicken has decided to change the reminder in the calendar view to an INCOME reminder, and I have no way to edit/change it back via the Calendar view. Only solution I've had is to delete it and manually re-create it again.

This has happened to my Chase card(s) and Barclays cards, and Citibank cards, so far.

Comments

• mjonis

Oh, and in case anyone wonders:

If I then spend on the credit card (so that I owe money), OR the credit card company sends me a refund check, ALL future reminders still stay converted to 'income" reminders on the calendar.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @mjonis,

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps for this issue—these steps should resolve things for you, but if not, please come back and post more about your experience so we can investigate. 

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mjonis

No, the validate/supervalidate do not fix the issue.

I'll probably have to spend an hour or more on the phone with tech support until I can convince them to escalate to Level 2 and waste some more time.

This discussion has been closed.