Quotes keep getting downloaded even though Download Quotes is deselected.

Options
joegold
joegold Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in All Things Canadian (Mac)

Hi

For whatever reason, I need to enter my securities' prices manually from my financial institution's monthly statements, just once a month.
I.e. One price for the end of each month, not several quotes spread out over the month.

I have Download Quotes deselected in the Securities Window (Quicken Deluxe Mac - I'm in Canada) for all the securities I own.
Most of the securities behave as expected.
But every month there are 3 or 4 (I forget which) securities that I find long lists of prices for in the Price History that I then need to delete manually.

Is there somewhere else in the program where I have to stipulate this behaviour for those particular misbehaving securities?
Or is this just a bug that I have to keep living with?
If the latter, it really makes using the app much less enjoyable for me.

Is there a workaround I could try?
I suppose I might try entering a bogus stock symbol for these securities, but I worry that doing so might mess up the historical prices I've already slaved over entering.
All of my securities that behave the way they're supposed to have correct stock symbols, so I don't see why I should have to use bogus symbols for the few securities that are misbehaving.

Is there some sort of a file repair routine I can use to make sure that there is no corruption of my file?

Any ideas from anyone?

Joey

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @joegold,

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps for this issue—these steps should resolve things for you, but if not, please come back and post more about your experience so we can investigate. 

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connect Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• joegold
    joegold Member ✭✭
    Options

OK. I've done that now. Thanks.
    But I won't have any idea if it's worked or not until I go to enter my share prices in again at the end of the month.
    I have no idea when or why the app decides to dl the prices itself.
    I usually don't see the problem until I'm actually working on the next end of month prices.
    For the moment, FWIW, they don't appear to have been auto-updated yet.
    I had to reset my password because I'd forgotten it which was a bit stressful, but worked out fine.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @joegold,

Please let us know how it goes when you are updating your prices at the end of this month so that we may be of more assistance if needed.

Have a wonderful weekend!

-Quicken Jasmine

• joegold
    joegold Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jasmine

For now, it appears that the issue was fixed by your suggested method.
    Thanks.
    I'll report back if I find out later that I'm wrong.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @joegold,

Thank you for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.