MSIClean32.exe makes updates hang indefinately - also the new 14 day Reminder bug (edit)

Options
Richard174
Richard174 Member ✭✭✭

My original post on this topic for Windows 11 was posted on 06/22/2023 and never resolved. It is now 3 months later, and the issue still occurs every time there is a program upgrade. It just happened now again when I installed the Quicken icon update. The problem is that MSIClean21.exe starts running during the upgrade process and never terminates. I have to use Microsoft Process Explorer to terminate MSIClean21.exe and then the upgrade process terminates successful. Is quicken going to look at this problem or am I paying my annual license fee for nothing.

[edit for 2nd topic]

There is also an issue where Quicken changes my default Bills and Income display to 14 days instead of the 90 days I set it for that has been going on for a month or 2 and has not been resolved by Quicken. Quicken support is useless as far as I am concerned and after about 30-years I may be forced to go to another option for keeping my financial records..

Comments

• Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still no response or any indication Quicken is trying to correct this issue. I can't believe that I am the only one experiencing this issue. Every program update fails if I don't terminate MSIClean32.exe at the end of the procedure. And every day I start Quicken the default Bills and Income display changes from 90 days to 14 days. Is anyone from Quicken reading these discussions? With the amount of license fees Quicken is collecting, you would think they would have stellar support in place.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

In your original post, I don't see where you answered the question on username completely. You indicated there was a space in the username so that could be a problem. What is the file path to your username? Please list it in the format below.

C:\Users\UserName

Have you uninstalled Quicken? If so, did you manually delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken and all hidden Quicken folders under C:\Program Data and C:\Users\UserName\AppData?

To test if a corrupted or malformed User folder is the cause, after fully uninstalling Quicken and manually deleting folders, create another user account with admin privileges and install Quicken under that account.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

TWO separate topics rolled into your single posting -

1 - The MSIclean is one issue - not being addressed - can be related to a Windows Username with a "space" - Quicken is bad with those -

2 - The 14 day Reminder is being discussed…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I don't have a space in my user names.

• Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I know the 14 day reminder issue is a couple of months old, but I don't like it and don't want it. Why did Quicken change it?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@markus1957's question, of October 6th, is what is the full path to your Q data file … starting with the drive letter and ending with ".qdf". You've never answered that.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.