Bills & Income display always defaults to 14 day Reminder (edit)

Options

Answers

• Axe21
    Axe21 Unconfirmed, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Quicken Anja so it's been 50 days since this was first reported and still no fix??

• comixgurl
    comixgurl Unconfirmed, Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Disruptive/Rant]

• navalav8er
    navalav8er Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I'll add my complaint to this as well. I should not have to change the Due in 14 days every time I open Quicken. [Removed - Rant/Language]

• DeeBee13
    DeeBee13 Member ✭✭
    Options

September 1 and this issue is still unresolved. What good is a subscription with monthly(?) updates if fixes like this are not addressed. I've had other reported issues that never got resolved. I'm so invested in Quicken it would be difficult to change to another application, but it is not out of the question.

• newsoft
    newsoft Member
    Options

Having looked into this problem, there are options better than the 14 day lising of due items. Using the drop down option box on the left hand side you will see it's set for "Due date". By changing this to "Biller Name", you can see items due in the current month, and will stay that way when you restart. Optionally if you set it to "Calendar View", there is the option to see all items for the current month and you can click on the arrows to the left of the selected Month/year and navigate forward or backward to view future or past bills. It appears that past bills that were due on a specific date but had to be modified to the correct date are the only ones you can view in past months. I'm not a big fan of the calendar view, but it is an option till they fix this problem. The "Calendar View" will also show when you restart.

• Axe21
    Axe21 Unconfirmed, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Quicken Anja 70 days since first reported and no fix? It can't be that hard of a fix.

• TkPk
    TkPk Member
    Options

Another impacted user here looking forward to this getting fixed. Currently on R52.20 and it is still broken.

• RAY A TKACH
    RAY A TKACH Member ✭✭
    Options

Please fix before end of 2023.

• RAY A TKACH
    RAY A TKACH Member ✭✭
    Options

need a product as great as it was

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What "bills and income due in 14 dys problem" problem?

You need to be more specific if you expect some help.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

fix what ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

The issue with the Show Reminders in Register setting always reverting to 14 days no matter what setting is selected has been around for a few months now. Here is the alert:

And here is what looks like the main discussion on the issue:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is on the bottom of the software engineering department's priority list of requested "fixes". They have bigger fish to fry. The user has total control to change the default with the pulldown menu with a minimum of fuss (2 mouse clicks). More code would just bloat the software.

• mshiggins
    Options

Ralph, the behavior has changed recently. Although the user can change the setting, the setting change is not retained when Quicken is closed and reopened. Prior to the recent change, the setting WAS retained when Quicken was closed and reopened.

Quicken Inc makes some “interesting” decisions regarding what changes to make, but I don’t think they decided to make a user selectable setting that was retained on Quicken close and reopen into a setting NOT retained on Quicken close and reopen.

• RAY A TKACH
    RAY A TKACH Member ✭✭
    Options

users at bottom of list?

• RAY A TKACH
    RAY A TKACH Member ✭✭
    Options

paying users not needed?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are we discusssing -
    A - the Reminders to show in the Register setting
    B - Bill & Income menu screen

both work as expected/saved in my older - R47.15 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• RAY A TKACH
    RAY A TKACH Member ✭✭
    Options

due in14 dys,days, bill and income

• mshiggins
    Options

@Ps56k2 your version 47 is too old to exhibit the issue. Based on the main discussion on the issue, it looks like it started in June.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@mshiggins - just sharing a point in time - when things were ok - R47.15 - February 2023 -

And your comment awhile ago referring to Reminder in Register confused me as it was off target topic - why I asked for clarification

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This was mysteriously broken in a patch this spring and has yet to be resolved. It doesn't affect the overall function of the software, but is an annoyance every time you use it. It should be an easy fix but clearly is not their priority despite repeated calls.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

All the threads on this issue have been closed and the only open issue tracking post has not been updated since July 15th.

What is going on with this issue?

• mshiggins
    Options

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My bad. All the threads I was following on this issue are closed. I'll keep watching this one along with the official announcement thread. It's annoying that there seems to be no progress on this for at least 3 months now.

• jbulldog13
    jbulldog13 Member ✭✭
    Options

Why is this thread closed when there was still no true solution to the problem?

• David-IA
    David-IA Member ✭✭
    Options

When this issue was first reported to Quicken there should have been specific information as to why this was happening and a "fix by" date. To finally see any information as to why this is happening on August 12 from a member as opposed to Quicken is not acceptable.

I am adding my name to the list of irritated customers. We are so far out from this being reported with multiple updates having been pushed out that it is clear that users are not being listened to.

• ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Months to fix this???

At first I took the position that I should at least wait for an update as I honestly thought the next Quicken update would fix this issue. There have been several updates and this pesky issue has now turned into an extremely annoying one.

And now, at the same time my core credit card (handled in another thread) has not been able to download transactions for two weeks. These are now turned into "core" issues that affect me every day. Seems these issues don't get the priority they deserve.

But we have a new "brand" and a new "logo". What we need now is a fix for some "core" problems. Or at least some explanation.

• Gold4545
    Gold4545 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Disruptive]

• Bill Siebert
    Bill Siebert Member ✭✭
    Options

And now it is 88 days since this was escalated internally.