Not saving transaction edits, matching, downloaded transaction, customers, invoice etc after closing

Options
ThePeck
ThePeck Member ✭✭

V. R52.28 B.27.1.52.28 Quicken Classic Business & Personal

This has happened several times and causes me to stop using Quicken for awhile because it's infuriating.

I can open Quicken, makes broad changes, download my banking transactions. Then update my customers, add some or create invoices. I save and close it. Then the next time I open it up it didn't save anything. The transactions isn't too big of a deal but it's aggravating. The invoices and customer info for my business is worse. I usually save a PDF copy so I can re-enter it but that is the most infuriating.

I did have the quicken file sync with my cloud drive. Change to a local only copy outside of my cloud drive. It still happens. I've always been loyal to Quicken because it was the best and cheapest option. Now I'm thinking about changing to something else.

The only wave I've soled this in the past is create a brand new file and start from scratch, business info, bills, transactions etc. Works great for months then it starts again. I'm unsure what another fix might be.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @ThePeck,

There a couple troubleshooting option that come to mind that may help resolve the issue you describe.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ThePeck
    ThePeck Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja

Thank you for the reply. Yes I have done validate and super validate.

This does seem to make the file stable again but it's never for long. I had to reset some accounts with the same bank. Not all were downloading correctly. Seemed strange. But yes I've done those both.

This discussion has been closed.