I'm about done with Quicken

Options

Since I can't send an email, I'm posting here. This has become the 'buggiest' software, and I've been a user for well over 15 years. But it's no longer worth it. First, my investment downloads started downloading without the correct securities information from Fidelity, so I had to find a manual work-around for that takes me an extra 30-45 minutes of touch labor to resolve. You have been working to resolve the issue for 2-3 months without success.

I'm now having issues with accounts I've had set up for one-step update and automatic reconcile for my entire history with Quicken. Quicken could no longer recognize those accounts, downloaded some data that had already been downloaded as new data, would not download latest transactions, and generally screwed up the registers for both accounts that I just had to spend an extra hour on after the screwed up downloads to properly reconcile.

This is NOT how an 'automated' financial management tool like Quicken should work. If this does not get fully resolved by the time I reconcile my accounts next month, I will be canceling my subscription and will not be back.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @DarrenWheels,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into these difficulties. You mentioned you are having issues with accounts set up for One Step Update and automatic reconcile. When did the problems first start happening? Are you getting any error messages and/or error codes? Was there anything that happened just before the duplicate transactions appeared (such as reconnecting accounts or adding new accounts)? Which financial institution(s) are these accounts with?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bosch1838sanD
    Bosch1838sanD Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Darren. I have serious issues also. Every time a credit card company makes changes to how the downloads go, I end up with yet another account for that card. Continuity of data is gone. I keep getting error messages saying I have not done this or that and the downloads will not work. [Removed - Disruptive]

This discussion has been closed.