Downloaded transactions from Alterna Savings are not posting.

Options
GKS
GKS Member

I am using Quicken Canada Subscription version.

Since about a week ago, I am getting an error "Quicken is unable to complete your request. [OL-220-A]"

I ran validation bt it did not help.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @GKS,

Before you begin troubleshooting, could you please provide which connection method you are using? Express Web Connect, Direct Connect, or Web Connect (QFX)? You can check this by navigating to Tools > Account List.

Check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Cloud Surfer 561
    Options

I am having this exact same issue. using Web Connect to try to update an account from Alterna Savings. Same error code

I updated to this same account several times this summer with no issues. Last successful AFX import was July 15, 2023.

Please fix this right away. Very annoying. It feels like every Quicken update causes issues.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Cloud Surfer 561,

Thank you for joining this discussion and providing the additional details I previously requested as well as a screenshot.

This error is caused when the financial institution has made changes to the Quicken Files needed in order to download. Since you are experiencing this issue with a QFX file, this does mean that there is an issue with the file itself, and you will need to contact the financial institution directly to resolve this as it is the financial institution that creates and provides these QFX files.

More information on this can be found in this support article.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and let us know if you have any additional questions! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• GKS
    GKS Member
    Options

Thank you Anja for your response.

I reached out to Alterna. Apparently this problem has existed since August 18, 2023 and Alterna is working to fix it. Unfortunately, the agent I spoke to could not give an ETA for the fix. I have asked to be informed via email or web announcement once this problem is fixed.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Glad to hear you were able to get some answers from the financial institution. I will go ahead and forward this information along internally so our teams are aware of this as well.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.