How do you delete other versions of your database on web sync?

Options
Brad5
Brad5 Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Using Quicken on the Web

I was experimenting with the websync. Essentially, I wanted multiple family members to access data for the same account on different computers in different places. Once I figured it out, 3 different files are now available to choose from. I don't need 3… I want 1. There's no clear place / option to delete these. How do I do that? Looked everywhere and getting frustrated.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @Brad5,

Deleting the additional files from Quicken on the Web will need to be done from the Desktop program. In order to provide you with the proper instructions, could you please tell us whether you are using Quicken Mac or Windows desktop?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Brad5
    Brad5 Member ✭✭
    Options

Files have been deleted and cleared from recylcing / trash… Not making a difference. This is happening on both Mac and Windows. Not sure how the Web version is impacted by that though…

Using Chrome. Everything is up to date on Windows and Mac software.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

While you may have deleted the actual data file, doing so does not remove the cloud account for that file which is why they are still accessible via Mobile and Web.

Please see the instructions below to remove the cloud accounts on Mac:

1. Sign out of the mobile and/or web apps.
    2. On your desktop program - navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    3. Preferences
    4. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and turn sync Off
    5. Navigate to Connected Services
    6. Click on See all cloud accounts 
    7. Select the cloud account name you wish to remove
    8. Click the minus-sign (-) in the bottom left corner
    9. On the pop-up screen, click Delete Cloud Account
    10. Repeat steps 7 through 8 for each cloud account you wish to remove
    11. Navigate back to Mobile, Sync & Alerts and turn sync back on
    12. On the same screen; click on Update in the bottom-right corner to initiate a new cloud sync
    13. Once the sync completes, sign back in on your Mobile and/or Web app(s) to check and see if the deleted cloud accounts have been successfully removed.

Please see the instructions below to remove the cloud account on Windows:

1. Sign out of the mobile and/or web apps.
    2. Go to Edit
    3. Preferences
    4. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    5. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    6. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    7. Type Yes and click Delete
    8. Resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and click on the blue Sync Now button.
    9. Sign back in on the mobile and/or web apps to check and see if the deleted cloud accounts have been successfully removed.

Note that you should only have to remove the cloud accounts from one platform.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Gnkey
    Gnkey Member
    Options

I DO NOT have any accounts listed under "Edit" - "Preferences" - " Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts". It just shows my Quicken ID, email and address.

I do not want to use and/or have my financial Quicken data on the web.

However, when I login to Quicken dashboard - I see my current -up to today -financial data from my desktop computer.

Yes, I understand that because I sync desktop data with a particular banks, it is stored somewhere within Quicken as well. But it should NOT be accessible on the web if I don't have it checked in Quicken preferences ( "Mobile & Web" is set to "Off"). Moreover, interestingly enough, even I also have my investment data synchronized in desktop Quicken with corresponding financial institutions - it is not listed/shown in Quicken on the web ( only banking institutions and PayPal are listed) - which is, kind of, telling me that something is wrong in how Quicken data in managed by Quicken, as company.

I also noticed that despite me setting "Account sign-in and security" with 2FA ( password and SMS) - I am able login to web data with no SMS?! This is a very serious security breach!

I need asap remove my Quicken financial data from the web but steps you provided above do not work for me because, as I already stated - I DO NOT have any accounts listed under "Edit" - "Preferences" - " Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts"

This discussion has been closed.