How to tell which Quicken file is being used - QMobile

Options
Ps56k2
Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in Using the Mobile App

there doesn’t seem to be a way to see which Quicken desktop file is being used by the mobile app - only flashes briefly at startup

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @Ps56k2,

The mobile app shows you the cloud account name, which, by default, matches the data file name (it is possible to edit the cloud account name through the desktop app). There should be 3 places where you can view the cloud account name:

1. At the top of the app.
    2. In the menu (tap the 3 lines at the upper left) - you will see the cloud account name between the Help and Feedback options
    3. In the menu option to switch which cloud account you are viewing, the one you are currently in will have a checkmark by it.

If your cloud account name is different from the Quicken file name it's associated with, you will not be able to see that through the app. You would need to access the desktop version of Quicken. In Quicken for Windows, you would be able to see which cloud account name is associated with each Quicken file by going to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Click the blue "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID" link and it will bring up a list of all Cloud Account Names and which Quicken file they are associated with. In that list, you will see an * to mark the account/file you are currently in.

If the cloud account name isn't showing up in the places indicated above, could you please provide more detail about what you are seeing there?

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

nope … none of the above - BUT I think I only have 1 test file enabled for Sync.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

It might be due to having only one cloud account name. I'll see if I can clear out my other cloud accounts and test to see if my app acts the same way. Do you use an Android device or an Apple device?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apple … iPhone & iPad

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I was able to replicate what you are seeing. It is caused by having only one cloud account. I have forwarded this to the proper channels to have it further investigated.

Thank you.

(CTP-7848)

Quicken Kristina

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thanks

….

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.