Can not enter information of securitys e.g. ALB in the register

Options
IPS
IPS Unconfirmed, Member

I purchesed shares of stock ALB. When I tried to enter in the register, pop up says,"enter symbol or name of this new Security". on entering the symbol , it is not listed so I click to enter manually. pop up says Enter details for this new security". So I enter the info. click to enter. Old pop up shows up , ask to enter symbol or name for this new security. The whole cycle restarts.

If I reenter the info and click to enter , a new pop up says," You already have a security with that name. If you are try to enter a transaction for this security, try Record Transaction from an investment account. Otherwise, enter a different name".

It does not make sense. So I called and talk to Quicken help person he could not figuer it out, even after i shared my screen, and he gave me a Ticket # 10092601 and said someone will call me back. No one did for over two months.

So finally I called them.

Went through the whole thing again without any resolve. The rep. says it is not quicken problem. It is Bank problem. How can that be? I am entering the information into Quicken Software and how does the bank come in?

I would appriciate any help from any body including Quicken.

Thank you reading my concern.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are trying to enter a "Buy Shares" transaction into your register?
    Have you purchased and sold shares of the same security before? If so, the security should already be in your Security List and there shouldn't be a need to add a new Security entry to Quicken.

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.