USAA update stopped working - have two USAA IDs

Options

I've had this setup for literally decades, but of course Quicken every now and then decides that something needs to change, and I get to spend hours resetting / reloading / reauthorizing things. Sigh.

Today's issue is this: USAA downloads stopped working. I did the Reset Account thing, and went through the reauthorization process, and one ID was then set up, but it flagged the other accounts in Quicken that are on the different USAA ID (my wife's, vs mine) as invalid (red circle and "need attention"). Went through the same process with those accounts, and now they work, but now my accounts have the "need attention" mark.

In the One Step Update window, I used to see two lines for USAA, each with an ID / credential, one for me and one for my wife. And it worked fine. Now, there is just one line for USAA, no credentials shown.

How do you have two USAA IDs mapped to two sets of accounts in the same Quicken and have them both work? Err, like they did yesterday?

Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Andrew Reddig,

To start troubleshooting this, when reconnecting the accounts, are you making sure that only the ones under that specific User ID are getting linked, and the ones under the other User ID are set to "Don't add to Quicken"?

What can sometimes happen, especially if you are authorized users on each other's accounts, is everything gets linked under one User ID, but since authorized users don't have permissions from the financial institution to download into Quicken, only the primary account holder information will download.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Andrew Reddig
    Andrew Reddig Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did that pretty carefully, and we are not authorized users on each other's accounts but one account (joint checking) shows up in both places. When doing my ID, I set the accounts that were already in Quicken to "Link to existing …" and made sure it was the right one (p.s. it would be swell if you could see which one it was from the screen you captured above) and set the accounts I didn't want to connect (loan accounts) to "Don't add to Quicken". But when I did my accounts, when it was done, it invalidated my wife's accounts since they are all with "USAA".

Like I said, the One Step Update screen used to list two USAA lines, one with my ID / credentials and one with hers, and now it only lists one.

• Andrew Reddig
    Andrew Reddig Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not working, and it tends to hang during "Update Account" and/or be really slow when authenticating with USAA. And when it does complete it complains (for example) with I'm doing my ID and my accounts it marches through it and then complains that the 3 accounts for my wife's ID "cannot be found on USAA and should be removed from Online Update".

I've spent hours trying this, between the slowness and the time each attempt takes, and it all just used to work. Remind me why I'm sticking with Quicken after all these hiccups disrupt my life in totally unnecessary and non productive ways? I just want it to work without multiple-hour-long distractions for no reason just to get back to what worked yesterday. Software doesn't have to be this unstable.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.