Why doesn't SPAXX Fid Govt Money Market show in my portfolio?

Options
Hiker2020
Hiker2020 Member
edited November 2023 in Investing (Mac)

Quicken for Mac 7.3.1

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is SPAXX your designated Core Account (also referred to by Fidelity as "Core Position" and generically called the "settlement fund" or the cash "Sweep" account)? If so, you should note that Fidelity does not download shares of the Core Account (with a couple of exceptions that will need to be manually edited if/when they occur). It instead downloads the shares value as Cash Balance. You might want to read through the following QWin thread regarding this. A QMac user posted that the actions suggested in this thread resolved the issue for them and mentioned a couple of things that they needed to do a little differently because of differences between QWin and QMac.: Downloads from Fidelity do not included activity into the settlement fund.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Geo H
    Geo H Member ✭✭
    Options

Hiker, I just added a transaction to Reinvest Interest and used SPAXX successfully. I am also running Mac 7.3.1. I referenced SPAXX in the transaction, Quicken said it was NEW and added the Security to my Securities list.

• Hiker2020
    Hiker2020 Member
    Options

Hi Geo H. I have SPAXX as a security. When I 'buy' SPAXX my CASH balance goes to zero and SPAXX does not show up in my portfolio so my account total is off by the amount of SPAXX I bought.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you show us an image snapshot of this entry in your Security List, please?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Is the security defined with a correct Security Type? Type = Market Index is reserved for real market indexes like Dow Jones, etc.

Do you need to update your Portfolio view to include recently added securities to the view?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@UKR In Quicken Mac, there is no need (or way) to add securities to the Portfolio view. If you own shares, and have the correct account(s) selected, it should simply appear.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Hiker2020
    Hiker2020 Member
    Options

@UKR I'm not trying to add a security in Portfolio view. What I have said is that when I add a transaction to BUY SPAXX, then switch to Portfolio view, SPAXX does not show up and my CASH balance is lower by the amount of SPAXX that I bought.

• Hiker2020
    Hiker2020 Member
    Options

@UKR I don't see the option to update Portfolio view to show recently added securities. How do I do that?

• Hiker2020
    Hiker2020 Member
    Options

@UKR I have SPAXX security type = Mutual Fund.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, in that case I don't understand why, as you said, the entry doesn't show in the Portfolio.

Help us out here. Show us what you're seeing. We're traipsing around in the dark.
    A couple of image snapshots might help.

• Hiker2020
    Hiker2020 Member
    Options

@UKR Here are some screen shots.

Buy SPAXX

Transaction view

SPAXX does not show up in list of securities in Portfolio view

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

remember - this is the MAC not the Windows version - so some of the menus and options are different or don't even exist -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is SPAXX your designated Core Account (also referred to by Fidelity as "Core Position" and generically called the "settlement fund" or the cash "Sweep" account)? If so, you should note that Fidelity does not download shares of the Core Account (with a couple of exceptions that will need to be manually edited if/when they occur). It instead downloads the shares value as Cash Balance. You might want to read through the following QWin thread regarding this. A QMac user posted that the actions suggested in this thread resolved the issue for them and mentioned a couple of things that they needed to do a little differently because of differences between QWin and QMac.: Downloads from Fidelity do not included activity into the settlement fund.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Hiker2020
    Hiker2020 Member
    Options

Boatnmaniac. Yes, SPAXX is my Core Position. Your response is very helpful. I will just keep SPAXX as Cash in Quicken. Easy Peasy.

This discussion has been closed.