American Express no longer syncs with Quicken

Options
Atlas4
Atlas4 Member ✭✭✭

My account quit working today and after calling Amex, they told me that they no longer sync with any 3rd parties including Quicken.

This is news to me. Anyone else?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Atlas4,

We have not received any information to confirm what American Express has told you. As far as we know, Amex does still support downloads with Quicken.

In order to further investigate, could you please elaborate and tell us exactly what happens when you attempt to connect? Do you receive any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) that you can provide us with here, please?

Check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Atlas4
    Atlas4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was working with Quicken Support yesterday to deal with a corrupted Quicken file, and while restoring from backup, I had to reactivate all of my financial connections. I believe it's because I turned off sync with Quicken during that process otherwise they should have stayed connected.

Anyway, Amex kept failing a connection saying I had the wrong credentials in the Quicken dialogue box. I then changed the credentials on Amex's website to ensure 100% that I had current credentials and then received a message that my account was locked as well as an email to the same effect. I called Amex and she explained to me that Amex has suspended all 3rd party data integrations for security reasons. It was clearly a scripted response and she didn't seem like an idiot. It still is not working on Quicken though I am able to log into the Amex website directly. My particular connection is for an Amex High Yield Savings Account and not credit card, though she told me it affects credit cards as well.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

My connection to Amex did not pop any errors this morning. Most recent downloaded transaction was 9/29.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Atlas4
    Atlas4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Figured out what it was. Quicken was trying to connect my account to American Express Bank -FSB but I need to use American Express Banking. Now connected.

I have no idea what the Amex CSR was talking about but she was emphatic that they no longer support ANY 3rd party integrations including Quicken.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

When you said Amex, people naturally assume you mean the credit card, which is a totally different animal than banking.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Atlas4
    Atlas4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My connection via  American Express Banking is now broken. The following link confirms that Amex Savings no longer integrates with Quicken or Mint.

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/banking/online-savings/faq/mint-or-quicken/

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And the weird thing is … I just (about 9:30 am PDT, 10/28/23) created a new AmEx Savings account at the AmEx website, using the same credentials I always use for my credit cards.

Adding the account to Quicken I used "American Express - Banking" as the financial institution name and my credit card credentials. The Add Account process in Quicken was a bit slow, because there were several requests for security codes. I had those emailed to me and proceeded as usual. No problems. Quicken correctly added the account to my data file.

Please provide more details about "now broken". What error codes or error messages do you get? Attach image snapshots of the error, if possible.

• willum03
    willum03 Member ✭✭
    Options

For me only the bill pay portion broke, not the transactions. But something is amiss.

This discussion has been closed.