"Did you mistype your sign-in info" error, multiple institutions

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Navy Federal Credit Union - unable to connect for months (QMAC)

Comments

• James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having this same problem with NFCU, UFB Direct accounts in the past and today, Comenity credit card account. This has been going on for months, and I never know which of my accounts is going to be the next one to return the dreaded "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for [institution name]."

Quicken, please fix this. It's getting worse and make staying with Quicken less and less desirable.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @James Blunt,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please clarify if this is an intermittent issue where accounts throw that error, but you're able to reconnect, or is this an issue where the accounts won't reconnect due to that error, and over the past few months, it has been happening with more and more financial institutions?

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend backing up your Quicken file, then following the troubleshooting steps from this article to resolve the issue:

First, deactivate all the accounts with the affected financial institution

1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    5. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    6. Select the Downloads tab.
    7. Click on Disconnect Account.
    8. Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    9. Quit Quicken.

Second, delete Quicken passwords from the Keychain

1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.

Third, re-add the accounts

1. Go to Accounts > Add Account.
    2. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    3. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    4. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    Options

This is an issue where the accounts won't reconnect due to that error, and over the past few months, it has been happening with more and more financial institutions. It is now happening with my Navy Federal Credit Union accounts, my UFB Direct accounts, and my Community Bank (Talbot's Credit Card accounts.

I have gone thru all the suggested troubleshooting steps listed above to solve the problem with each account, but nothing works, and the problem persists in all the accounts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they have access to tools additional tools to look into this issue and can escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Brian148
    Brian148 Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I have this error with all accounts that require Quicken Connect to download transactions. I have tried all the suggested solution posted in this and other threads on the same subject I have spent countless hours with support including 6 Ticket numbers and 3 escalations and 3 responce emails from Escalation teams cliaming the problem is fixed to no avail. Support needs to come up with a procedure to flush the users information on the server and restablish a blank new existence with the same email, allowing users to sign back in to the newly flushed existence and connect their existing data files with the server. Any FI that used Direct Connect is not affected by this malady. Instead of repeatedly closing these discussions, how about admitting there is a problem and get to work fixing it!

• James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    Options

I have experienced the same frustrations, although I am only having problems with 3 accounts that use Quicken Connect. The other accounts using Quicken Connect are connecting and downloading fine. I too have spent hours on the phone with Quicken Support and am waiting to hear from their escalation team (again). Support keeps wanting to blame me for not having the right password for both connecting to the financial institution's portal and for the Quicken Connection, and I am refusing to reset the passwords again. This is clearly a problem on Quicken's end. I am sure there are other users experiencing this.

Is there no fix for this?

• James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hours spent on the phone with Quicken support, email to inform me the problem had been "escalated), another couple of hours on the phone (you cannot talk directly to someone on then "Escalation" team, so it's like a game of telephone where I have to go through a middleman (who is very difficult to understand on the phone), a promise they would get back to me, then….nothing. Crickets. [Removed - Speculation] I'm truly disappointed that after 30+ years with Quicken (going back to Managing Your Money), this is what it comes to. I know it must be much much harder to make account transactions downloads all work, with 2FA and all, but better communications with the customer is something you CAN control and improve.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm sorry to hear reaching out to Support hasn't been helpful in correcting the issue. We don't have the tools to further assist with troubleshooting the connection through the Community. You would need to reach back out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

If you would like to try checking for file-specific issues, then I would suggest that you restore a backup from before the issue started, if possible, and test if the issue happens in that newly restored file.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Brian148
    Brian148 Mac Beta Beta
    Options

So you know, one of the first things that support had me do was restore from a backup prior to the problem starting and also creating a brand new file and trying to connect to an online FI. That didn't work. That said, yesterday for no good reason I tried connecting one of my problem accounts using Quicken connect and it worked. I then disconnected one of my Direct Connect accounts and tried hooking up through Quicken connect and it also worked. Apparently on my 4th escalation to "higher authority" something was resolved. I hope whatever resolution they found is integrated into the first level support procedures since it appears to be a not uncommon problem.

• KKSD
    KKSD Member
    Options

I previously reported this error for Navy Federal Credit Union. The error has now appeared for an account at CIBC US (in addition to the continuing NFCU error). Following the troubleshooting steps did not help.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been having problems like this for months. Comenity, Kohl's, Best Buy Citi. None of them work anymore. Went through Quicken Support and they were worthless. The dang program is BROKEN. Fix it already.

This discussion has been closed.