India Specific Features

Uday
Uday Quicken Windows Subscription Member, Windows Beta Beta

Not sure how many Indians are using or willing to use Quicken. However if there is an Indian edition available, i think many will use this. I am the one desperately looking for this since 2017. You may consider the following functionalities

1. Indian Banks, Credit Cards, Stock Market / MF brokers
  2. Add Investment categories related to India e.g Life Insurance Policies, NSE, BSE Stocks, MFs, Provident Fund from Salary, Voluntary Provident fund, Hand Loans, Gold or Silver related investments etc
  3. Add Asset Classes relevant to India
  4. Update Stock price from BSE / NSE either from Yahoo / google or any other source. Money Dance provide Extension to achieve this. Why don't you look at it. At this point of time NSE / BSE not even show up as a exchange to add a stock. Seems strange that worlds 5th largest economy not even show up as a road map

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Krishnam Raju
    Krishnam Raju Quicken Windows Other Member ✭✭
    edited May 24

When will Quicken start INDIA specific version. Eagerly waiting. Using Quicken from several years with lot of difficulties. Hope team will understand.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Q previously had an International version … but it didn't sell well and was discontinued. I don't expect that an India specific version would be in the works.

And, Q is only licensed for sale in the US and Canada, and only supports banks/cards/etc from those countries. Lastly, all banks supporting Q have signed contracts with Q/Intuit to provide such support. I have no belief that Indian banks/etc would do so.

You MIGHT try looking into the Australian product that was previously known as Quicken … but is, I believe, now knows as Reckon.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

@NotACPA The Reckon version is Australia and New Zealand only and is twice the price of Quicken US. And just in case anyone is interested, it only has a Windows version.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Krishnam Raju
    Krishnam Raju Quicken Windows Other Member ✭✭

Thank You @NotACPA and @Chris_QPW for providing information and giving me clarity. I completely understand. Thanks a lot once again 🙏.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought that might be the case. But since the OP is currently running Q US, I thought that I'd at least provide further info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP