Authorizing CapitalOne account (Q Mac)

Options
crp
crp Member ✭✭

Quicken wants me to reauthorize my CapitalOne accounts. When I push the sign in button, I get this error message

An unexpected error occurred: server error.

Please try again later.

Care Code: QCS-0400-6

Details:
Parameter credentials must be specified for this request.

This has been the case for several weeks. I've tried using Chrome, Firefox and Safari as default browsers, without success. I have no special firewall or VPN. I've looked on the CapitalOne site if there's a way to do this directly there but can't find anything.

MacOS 13.6, Quicken 7.3.1

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @crp,

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend following these steps:

First, backup your Quicken file.

Then, deactivate your Capital One accounts.

Go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts to verify that there are no inactive or closed accounts that Quicken still thinks are connected to Capital One. If Quicken thinks an account is connected, you will see the financial institution name listed in the financial institution column.

If there are any accounts Quicken thinks are connected that shouldn't be connected, please deactivate or close those accounts as appropriate.

Next, reconnect your Capital One accounts by going to Accounts>Add Account and following the prompts, being careful to relink the accounts to the correct nicknames in Quicken.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• crp
    crp Member ✭✭
    Options

That worked. Thanks.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear you were able to successfully reauthorize and reconnect your accounts.

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.