Chase accounts reauthorize OK but then Updating Accounts in Quicken goes on for hours

Options
SEHND
SEHND Member ✭✭

I have redone the reauthorize accounts process multiple times in the last 24 hours and each time I have had to got to the Task Manager to end Quicken as the Updating Accounts process continues for literally hours and never ends. I left the computer going, went to dinner, came back, still the progress wheel turns but thats all I get. After rebooting the computer and re launching Quicken I tried simply to update only one of my Chase accounts but again was asked to reauthorize all of my Chase accounts and its groundhog day all over again. Can anyone help here? I am using the latest release of Quicken Premier on Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 (KB5031041)

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @SEHND,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did this issue first start? Which version of Quicken were you using when it started? Is this happening only when you update Chase accounts? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SEHND
    SEHND Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

Thank you for responding. The issue occurred for the first time on Friday following the latest Quicken update to the current version (the first time the new Quicken logo was on the screen). I was able to update American Express and Charles Schwab accounts without a problem. I have not been able to run a one step update for about a year now as the program crashes when I do try to run it, so i have to update each financial institution one at a time and 3rd up was Chase, where I experienced the issues mentioned in my post. The Quicken data files do reside on my C drive and backup is to a Dropbox account.

After trying to resolve this for much of the day yesterday, i decided to restore my last back-up from 9/20/23 (the last time I ran Quicken prior to Friday) and I am now starting to re-do the tasks I did before I ran the Chase update on Friday and will backup the file before trying the Chase update again.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

From what you are describing, it sounds like this issue may be file specific. Is running one step update the only thing that triggers Quicken to crash?

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• gkm981GTS
    gkm981GTS Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Super validate did not solve the problem. Neither did uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken.

• dlopez
    dlopez Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having a similar problem which started over the weekend. I reauthorized my Chase accounts and now I cannot get One Step Update to function. All of my accounts stall and the spinning wheel spins for an hour or more before I use control -alt -delete to kill the program. I have deactivated Chase from online updates and still the problem persists. I'm on Quicken Classic. R52.28 Build 27.1.52.28. I've also tried Validate and Repair but it doesn't help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @gkm981GTS and @dlopez,

If you've already tried the troubleshooting from earlier in the discussion and the issue persists, the next step is to restore a backup from before the issue started and see if the issue persists in the newly restored backup.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.