Transaction report showing zeros instead of correct transfer amounts

Options
thompson87
thompson87 Member ✭✭

I have the latest "Classic" Quicken and have run a validate. The issue is that I created a report to show all transfers into an investment account from two bank accounts. The report shows the correct number of transfers on the correct dates, but all of the amounts are listed as $0.00. The total amount transferred is reported correctly. Double clicking on one of the incorrect zeros takes me to an Xin transaction in the investment register that shows the correct amount. The Xin transactions in the investment register were all created by Quicken when I entered transfer amounts in the associated bank account register from which the transfers occurred.

Seems like a bug, but perhaps there is some setting somewhere I'm overlooking that causes this.

Edit: I had been filtering the report to show only the categories corresponding to transfers from the two bank accounts. When I remove that filter, I also see "Bought" transactions reporting zero dollar amounts instead of the correct amounts. Other transactions do show the correct amount. (It's a relatively new account so there are no Sell transactions.)

Further Edit: All of the above was using the ordinary "Transaction" report in the "Banking" group under Quicken Standard Reports column. If instead I switch to the "Investment Transactions" report in the "Investment" group then the transaction amounts appear correctly. Does this mean we can't use the "Transaction" report on investment accounts? If so, why does Quicken allow it?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @thompson87,

To look into this issue further, could you please provide more information? When did you first notice this issue? Was the report previously displaying properly, or was this your first time running this report? Were you using a saved report, or a newly created report? Have you noticed this behavior in any other reports? Are there any other account types or transaction types that display this behavior?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.