I cannot fill in the necessary information to create a customer invoice

Options
DDuepner
DDuepner Member

Windows Version 10; Quicken Home and Business ver R52.28.

I am new to this version. I am trying to create an invoice for photography services. I can fill in the Item and Description and Rate. Howe3ver, I cannot fill in a quantity. Whenever I enter a number, it disappears when I tab to the next field. Therefore the invoice will not show a total or calculate sales tax.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @DDuepner,

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps for this issue—these steps should resolve things for you, but if not, please come back and post more about your experience so we can investigate. 

First, backup your Quicken file.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When adding a Line Item to a new invoice, are you using a predefined Item Description to help fill out the line?
    Or are you just typing the desired Category and Description text?

If you are using a predefined Item Description, the definition form for Item entries must not have checkmarks in "Subtotal of preceding items" or "Percentage". These settings are for special usage, not for regular line items.

If you have customized the Invoice Form, please do not deselect the "Item" field. It needs to be present for the data entry form to work properly. You can leave it blank if you do not use predefined Item Descriptions for each of your line items.

For more assistance setting up a small business start reading here: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Business

• DDuepner
    DDuepner Member
    Options

Thank you! It took me forever to find the Edit Item form. I've been able to enter some standard items in the last couple of days and its making more sense. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

This discussion has been closed.