Set-up

Options
jpoapst
jpoapst Unconfirmed, Member

I'm computer semi-literate and iterated myself into oblivion in starting up Quicken Deluxe on my PC Desktop. First, I deleted one of my accounts and subsequently ran into a CC-800 error which I corrected per instructions. It worked at first but the next time the error re-appeared. What happened and what is the permanent fix? Secondly, I need to reset my opening balance to an older date and can't do it after attempting to do it by manual input. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Note that I have created a detailed budget using mostly my own categories and ideally wish to preserve it in any solution. Happy Thanksgiving!

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jpoapst,

To help you troubleshoot these issues, could you please provide more information? When did the CC-800 problem first start? How often is it happening (for instance, does it happen every time you try to update your accounts)? Which financial institution(s) are you getting this error with?

What issue are you encountering when trying to change the date on your Opening Balance?

Thank you, and I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jpoapst
    Options

Thx for your reply Kristina. I believe the CC-800 error commenced after I deleted an account I didn't need. The CC-800 error then appeared the next time I tried to download transactions for the remaining accounts. I then managed to fix the problem (just once) by Editing and deleting each account and restoring the ones I did need through Add Account(s). But this only worked for the next download of transactions after which the CC-800 error appeared again for the subsequent download. The FI is TD Bank. I want to start my downloaded information as at September 1, 23. Unfortunately I originally picked September 1 for my opening balance and inserted my August 31 balance for September 1. Unfortunately there were other transactions on September 1 and now these DO NOT show up on my downloaded register so Quicken never reconciles with my bank statements. I just need September 1 to start with the August 31 balance but can't manage it - I edited the register to August 31 but the previous erroneous September 1 value remains which does not show the transactions on that specific date. Hope this is clear. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

What issues are you running into when trying to edit your Opening Balance? You should be able to edit the date and the balance on that Opening Balance entry, then click the save button. You may get some confirmation messages. The first message looks like the screenshot below.

You would just click "Yes" and the message will clear. If you change the balance, you will also get a message asking if you want to modify the account's opening balance (see sample image below).

So long as you intended to change the opening balance on the account, you would click "Yes" to dismiss the message, and then your Opening Balance should reflect the date and balance that you changed it to.

Since the CC-800 error keeps coming back, I recommend you follow these steps to clear the error:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all accounts connected to the financial institutions that are having the issue, unless they are under a different login that is not having trouble.
    3. Check for any hidden accounts that are still trying to connect to those financial institutions. To do this, go to Tools>Account List, then, if you have hidden accounts, there will be a Show hidden accounts checkbox at the lower left. Scroll through the Account List, looking for any hidden accounts that think they're connected to those financial institutions (Transaction Download column will say "yes" if an account thinks its connected). If you find any that are connected, deactivate them.
    4. Before reconnecting anything, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. There should be a blue link that says Reset your cloud data. Click on that link. Note: If you don't see that link, you have sync turned off. You would need to turn the sync on, click OK, then go back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. Then you should be able to click on that link. Once the cloud reset is complete, you can turn the sync back off again.
    5. After the cloud reset completes, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. There will be a blue link that says Sign in as a different user. Click that link, type "yes", then click the Sign Out button.
    6. Quicken will log you out and take you back to the login screen. Before logging in, close Quicken and leave it closed for at least 5 seconds.
    7. Re-open Quicken. When it finishes loading, it will take you to the login screen. Log in to Quicken.
    8. Once you are logged back into Quicken, reconnect the accounts by going to Tools>Add Account. Search for the Financial Institution and follow the prompts. Do this for each financial institution you need to reconnect. Note: When reconnecting your accounts, it is important to make sure that Quicken is showing the action as Link to existing and the nickname in Quicken is the correct account you want it to download into (see sample image below). If it is showing an incorrect name or if it is trying to add instead of link, click the dropdown in the action column to correct it.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• jpoapst
    Options

Thanks Kristina. In reply to your Q. I am hoping to adjust the opening balance for September 1 to be that of the closing balance of August 31 AND to have Quicken recover the actual transactions from the download which occurred on September 1. In other words, I wish to reset my original download to include all transactions incurred from and including September 1 based on the opening balance equal to the August 31 closing balance. I have been able to edit the opening balance on September 1 BUT have not been able to access the transactions on that date. Sorry if I haven't been clear.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the clarification,

Are these transactions that downloaded and were then deleted or moved to another account, or did these transactions never download? Did you create the Opening Balance yourself, or was it generated when you connected the account in your Quicken? What kind of account is this (checking, savings, credit card, investment, etc)? Have you checked to make sure the transactions aren't being hidden by a filter or sort option? Often, checking to make sure the filter options show All or Any and clicking the Date column to make sure everything is sorted by date can help you find transactions that downloaded, but weren't visible.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

343230 Member ✭✭
    Options

Like everyone I too am frustrated daily w/CC800 errors and have been for months. After months of being told my data file was corrupt, @ the suggestion of Q support, I started a new data file. It took 200 man hours over several weeks to recoup my data from all my accounts. ( I have been a Q user since 1996.) Well it wasn't my corrupt data file. With 2 checking accts, 8 credit cards and 4 loans, it seems Q windows has trouble remembering which accounts go to which institutions. I guess we will all keep struggling w/ deactivate—reactivate until Q gets its act together

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is something else going on with your situation. I have a similar number of accounts as you spread across three client cards and two financial institutions and I get no CC800 errors and, yes, I use Express Web Connect and One Step Update to update all the accounts. And, I can't remember the last time I had to do a Reset or deactivate/reactivate. In my case, the financial institutions are RBC and BMO.

This discussion has been closed.