feature comparison between Quicken Starter and Deluxe?

Options
majorgear
majorgear Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Before you Buy

I've done multiple Web searches and cannot find

1. A feature list for Quicken Classic Starter subscription
  2. A feature comparison between Quicken Classic Starter and Deluxe subscriptions

The closest think I found was this page https://www.quicken.com/plans-and-pricing

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

well … that covers it - but Starter is not even listed on the Compare page … Starter has some drawbacks … goes into Read Only if you don’t renew Subscription. Does not support Investments.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Last spring Quicken wanted to promote Simplifi. That was done by replacing Starter in the product comparison chart with Simplifi ("because there wasn't enough room in the chart to simply add Simplifi without deleting something else"). But Quicken.com still had a separate webpage for Starter that could be viewed.

I just tried finding Starter on Quicken.com and could no longer find that webpage nor any other reference to Starter. I've made an inquiry to find out why this is. Was it an oversight during the Quicken rebranding or have they decided to stop offering Starter? Hopefully there will be a response to this received soon.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

It is still available on Amazon, along with the other Quicken Classic products:

It is also available on Quicken.com's website:

https://www.quicken.com/personal-finance/quicken-starter-windows

But I can't find a way to link to that page from the main Quicken.com site. I only found it via a Google search.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Starter Edition is for new users only and will not convert or open your prior data files. It is limited and if you don't renew it goes into Read Only mode. We are not sure of all the features that are missing in the Starter Edition, like it doesn't have investments.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

We are not sure of all the features that are missing in the Starter Edition, like it doesn't have investments.

There's a pretty big box further down on the Starter page which lays out the key feature differences:

At the bottom of the Starter page is the only place where it shows Starter in the overall lineup:

But if you click the "Compare Plans" button, it takes you to the regular Compare page, where there's no mention of Starter.

P.S. Someone forgot to update the Quicken logos and product names on this page. And the Footnotes on all the Quicken.com pages still refer to Home & Business" even though the product name has been changed to "Business & Personal"

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@volvogirl, Quicken Starter is no longer restricted to new users though it does go to Read Only if the subscription expires.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.