Edward Jones still not able to connect as of October, 2023 (OFX Error: 16503)

Options

Am I the only one seeing this error or having this issue? Is anyone else unable to use Quicken with Edward Jones? 😓

Issue: Quicken for Mac is reporting a strange message (OFX Error: 16503) whenever I try to add my Edward Jones account to it for sync. At this point, Quicken claims the problem is with Edward Jones, and Edward Jones said the problem is with Quicken. :(

I've confirmed with Edward Jones that my AccountLink is enabled for 3rd-party application access, and called them back to open an escalated support ticket with the Edward Jones team in the meantime.

I'm not particularly optimistic… because it also appears that for almost two years, there's been another issue between Quicken and Edward Jones that has yet to be resolved. For my issue specifically, Quicken's support team has washed their hands of the issue and walked away. If EJ can't resolve it, I'll be cancelling my Quicken subscription. If neither side can (or will) fix the issue, then I can't understand why I'd pay for the program.

Comments

• joleneneal
    joleneneal Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm frustrated, too — same issue. Now I have to copy - paste each transaction, field by field. Quicken or Edward Jones is going away for me soon if they can't fix.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @brad@theotter and @joleneneal,

After further review of the internal error that you are experiencing, I can see that you are receiving an FDP-103 with your America First Credit Union account (s). This error is displayed when there are outdated login credentials stored in Quicken for Mac and/or the Keychain app. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information as well as some troubleshooting steps. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• brad@theotter
    Options

Hi Jasmine,

Sorry, no. This was not helpful because I do not have an America First Credit Union account. The error is for connecting to Edward Jones. Plus, credentials in my keychain are current. I just tested them on the EJ site directly.

-Brad

• joleneneal
    joleneneal Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the exact same problem as Brad as of late September. Edward Jones Credit Card!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @brad@theotter and @joleneneal,

I apologize, I meant that I could see the error with your Edward Jones account(s).

If the troubleshooting steps in the article fail to resolve the issue, then we recommend contacting Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.