Reminder transactions disappear after entry

Options
davidlambert
davidlambert Unconfirmed ✭✭✭

Sometimes, when I enter a transaction from "Bill and Income Reminders", after I click on "Enter" the transaction disappears from the "Reminders" list. It does not show as a paid, received or cleared item, even if I make no changes to the transaction before entry.

I could not say when this behaviour started.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @davidlambert,

To better assist you with this issue, could you please provide more information? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• davidlambert
    davidlambert Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

None of the things you mention happened. What happens is, I enter a transaction from the 'Bill and Income Reminders' list and after clicking on "Enter", the transaction is entered in the appropriate register/account. It then disappears from the "Bill and Income Reminders" list instead of being re-labeled as "Received" or "Paid". I occasionally modify a transaction before clicking "Enter" as I may have made the payment or deposit on a different date from that which is on the "Reminder".

• Bilblast
    Bilblast Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Quicken Kristina, [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]. I too have experienced disappearing or more so, no entries at all when trying to enter a transaction from a reminder. However in my case, the menu to register the transaction does NOT offer "Enter." Instead it lists "Mark as paid," and when clicked it disappears, nowhere, poof, all gone. This has happened to me in that past and this happened to me just before making this entry which why I am here seeking a fix. Overall, the online bill feature is pretty bad and I find myself spending a lot of time wrestling with it to make it work for me. [Removed - Rant]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Are you accessing the Bill and Income Reminders list by going to Tools>Manage Bill & Income Reminders, or by clicking on the Bills & Income tab in your Quicken?

If you're referring to the former, I notice once it is entered into the register, it does vanish from that tab.

You're able to view it marked as Paid or Completed by clicking on the Monthly Bills & Deposits tab.

If you are referring to the latter, then I recommend looking for a checkbox near the top that says "Show recent payments".

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.