Reminder transaction date edit will not take.

Options
davidlambert
davidlambert Unconfirmed ✭✭✭

Recently, I tried to edit the date of a scheduled transaction from the 1st of October to the 1st of November but the program will not accept the change but instead changes it to the 31st of October.

Unacceptable!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @davidlambert,

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps for this issue—these steps should resolve things for you, but if not, please come back and post more about your experience so we can investigate. 

First, backup your Quicken file.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the above doesn't resolve the issue, I would also try copying the file using File —> Copy or Backup —> Create a Copy or Template. Then open the new copy and test if the issue persists.

• davidlambert
    edited October 2023
    Options

Quicken Jasmine, I performed a "Validate" and "Super Validate" long before I posted this issue and that did not resolve anything.

• davidlambert
    edited October 2023
    Options

Arctic Hare, I have not tried your suggestion, but I will.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @davidlambert,

Please let us know how it goes.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the issue still persists, please take a screen shot that illustrates exactly where (e.g. what dialogue box) this occurs and post it here.

• davidlambert
    Options

Quicken Jasmine,

I have attached the validation log files. As you can see, there was "1 scheduled transactions" and "Minor problems with Tags" that were corrected in the "Validate" run. These did not appear in the "Super Validate" log, I assume because they were corrected with "Validate". I would think neither of these would affect date entry, but who knows.

This discussion has been closed.