Update for synchrony

Options
ulrichson1
ulrichson1 Member ✭✭✭

I have several cards from synchrony bank that they have combined them when you log in and you have to pick which one you want, and I have never been able to update them unless you export activity it does not matter, if I have a card for each account or not, and they all have different log in information. Why does Quicken keep telling me they support a better connection?

I have tried reset, deactivate, and set up several times and it cannot find accounts until I log in and export activity for update.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

You get that message because it means there really is a better connection method than the manual download/import process (called Web Connect) that you are using now.

Have you tried clicking on that blue font message? It should take you to Set Up Now for the appropriate financial institution connection link for that particular card. Then complete the setup process and, if prompted, make sure you Link the download to the account you already have set up in Quicken.

If that is what you have been doing and it is not working: Are your cards actual Synchrony-branded cards or are they retail co-branded cards? If the latter, which ones are they?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Given all the problems people are having with the credit cards supported by Synchrony I'm not sure Express Web Connect is in fact better than Web Connect (if supported). But yes, Quicken thinks Express Web Connect is better than Web Connect.

Note: Web Connect → Download an import QFX file. Express Web Connect → use One Step Update to have Quicken "try" to download the transactions for you straight into Quicken.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ulrichson1
    ulrichson1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes Chris_QPW that is probably the case from the sounds of it and Boatnmaniac I have been using Quicken for decades now and I am aware of Express update and yes I have clicked on the message neither Quicken or Synchrony bank supports Express update. Like I said I go to set up and it tries to find account to connect and cannot.

Yes Express is better then web connect all my other accounts use express.

ulrichson1

• AlexisoftheShire
    AlexisoftheShire Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have a Synchrony Bank credit card account and my connection uses Express connect. I download transactions every day and it has worked now for a little over 2 years. Does the multiple different login information for each credit card cause a problem? I have only one card with Synchrony Bank. I do have 3 credit cards with Capital One. It uses Express connect and when I do OSU each Capital One credit card, individually, gets updated in each respective Quicken account. I only use one login for all 3 accounts. FYI.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You sound offended by my original post. I assure you that no offense was intended. You did not say what troubleshooting steps you had already tried and unless you tell us that and what level of Quicken experience you have our initial responses will be to ask questions to understand what you have or have not done.

I did ask what types of credit cards you have. Please reply to that.

Also, have you ever been able to download from all of your cards?

I am also curious about why you have different online account logons when Synchrony has all of the cards associated with the same online account? Or am I misunderstanding what you previously posted?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.