New register entries deleted if you open the attachment window

Options
BTracy
BTracy Member

I had a case via phone support in June 2023 for an issue where register entries are deleted if you open the attachment window. It was a new bug that showed up around May of 2023.

It is simple to reproduce. Take any account that has downloaded transactions from your financial institution. Leave the downloaded transactions in the list.

Create a new transaction entry… enter a Payee and Charge amount for example and then hit the attachment button as if you are going to attach a receipt. No need to attach anything, just close the attachment window and the register entries you entered previously will be cleared.

This was fully reproduced with support via multiple calls back in June. I called again today as it still isn't fixed yet there was no update from engineering on my old ticket so they created a new one to try to see if they could get an answer.

I understand bugs and things that are just annoyances can linger but something that deletes data that you enter in the register should be on the priority list to be fixed. I can see other threads about the same issue back in August with no real updates:

I have been using Quicken for over two decades and this has never been a problem until May. I used to quickly tab through transaction entries as I entered them to add attachments/modify amounts but I can't now as I may not realize that the transaction I was entering was deleted out from under me. I can tab to the save button and it will happily 'save' with no data associated but the attachment will be there for the next one I try to enter (by then it is often the wrong attachment). I now have to go back and double check everything to make sure Quicken didn't auto-delete something I am trying to enter.

What does it take to get some visibility on this issue?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @BTracy,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you.

(CTP-7089)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.