Scheduled mortgage payment principle is one month off into the future. How to fix? (Q Mac)

Options
greg_lew
greg_lew Member ✭✭

See attached screenshot … according to the Payment Schedule, the November payment principle is $528.66. However, in the register it shows the scheduled November payment principle is $529.33, which is actually the December principle.

This started happening a few months ago. How can I correct this? Thank you.

[Edited - Obscured Personal Information in Screenshot]

Answers

• greg_lew
    greg_lew Member ✭✭
    Options

Oops, typo … the December payment principle is $529.93. :-)

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @greg_lew,

To help you with this issue, could you please provide additional information? When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when the issue started? Is November the only month where the scheduled transaction (in the register) is showing the incorrect principle, or is the issue carrying forward to December's payment and possibly further into the future? Is the schedule showing in your screenshot displaying the correct information? Are the transactions already posted in the register all displaying correct information?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• greg_lew
    greg_lew Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Quicken Kristina , thank you for the quick response! Regarding your questions …

1. I noticed last month that my Quicken loan balance was slightly different than my bank. When I investigated, I found that several months ago the principle portion was different than the bank by a small amount. That's when I determined that the principle was one month off. So I watched for it this month, and found my October payment and the November scheduled payment are both incorrect (you can see the November scheduled transaction in the screenshot). To fix it I have to manually edit the transaction register to correct the principle and interest amounts. I would prefer not to do this for the next 20+ years!
    2. Current Quicken version is Quicken Classic - Deluxe Version 7.3.2 (Build 703.504456.100) for Mac. I'm not sure what version was installed when the problem started. I always apply the latest update when prompted when Quicken starts up
    3. Yes, it appears that this is happening every month now as we progress into the future
    4. In the screenshot, the Payment Schedule window is correct (principle = $528.66 for November) and the Scheduled Transaction in the register is incorrect (principle = $529.93; which is the December principle amount appearing on the November Scheduled Transaction). Is this what you are asking?
    5. I had to go back and correct the transactions in the register going back several months to when the problem first started. I think it about 6 months had to be corrected (sorry hard to remember exactly when it started).

Please let me know if you need any further information. Thanks again!

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is not a new problem and has been reported by multiple users over the past several months.

• greg_lew
    greg_lew Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Bill , thanks for your comment. In researching this problem I did find similar reports but I couldn't find any that precisely matched my situation. If there is a published solution I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. @Quicken Kristina , any update?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.